 Trains / 21558
Re: BBB Inspire Swiss Ae 3/6" Electric Locomotive Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 18:42:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
Ben kindly sent to me 6 of his BBB brand wheels.  Thanks, Ben!

I've tinkered with them a little.  I'm really impressed with them:
- the ABS material feels quality
- the molding is excellent
- the Technic cross-axle hole is nice and tight
- the Technic pin hole is "snappy" an perfectly positioned across two studs

Hi James,

that is in fact good news on these wheels!

I was very impressed to find that a 3-in-a-row configuration of the BBB
wheels with flanges can pass through track curves: allowing the center wheel
set to translate in/out seems just fine.

Even the better! I begin to have an urgent need to get some in my hands....

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamathis/Trains/Locomotives/SwissAe36/v1/swiss_ae_3_6_v1_p1.jpg
CAD moc-up of a Swiss Ae 3/6 electric locomotive> that uses the BBB wheels in
a 3-in-a-row configuration.

That engine is a really nice one! Too bad that coulor substituted legends are
quite unlikely. I always wished TLC had done a Legend Crocodile 4551 in brown.
We could have then easiely rebuild your gorgeus design....

I haven't tested the SNOT panel flanging above the BBB wheels.  I'm hoping
the BBB wheel flange doesn't hit the panels...

Maybe you could re-render the model with these unofficial dat-parts of "my"
driver wheel design (which is highly similar to BBB's one).
(Sorry, but you have to modify the dat-file somewhat to change the colour from
red to standard)

Leg Godt!

Ben