 Trains / 21555
Re: BBB Inspire Swiss Ae 3/6" Electric Locomotive Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:41:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:

   I was very impressed to find that a 3-in-a-row configuration of the BBB wheels with flanges can pass through track curves: allowing the center wheel set to translate in/out seems just fine. I haven’t tested through switches. Also, in the same 3-in-a-row configuration, I connected two adjacent wheels with the Technic steering arm, using the black Technic 1/2-pin with ball. The flexure at the ball joints seems OK to still allow the necessary central axle translation through the curve.

On thing I was wondering with these wheels is how to do a full coupling rod for rigid six coupled chassis, would this work?

Needs to be deeplinked. This is not a deeplink it doesn’t end in a file extension... I’ll say I myself haven’t cracked the full crank yet across a 6 couple that doesn’t have a pair of blind drivers, but I’m working on it!

sorry, here is the deep link

tim