 Trains / 20713 (-20)
  DCC at BrickFest

Hello train fans... we have a bit of a problem and I need your help. Mark Riley is in the process of putting together some really great material on DCC related stuff, including basic info, LDCC concepts and information, and some neat advanced stuff (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Track Geometry for Yards

(...) It's a good reference, and I'd probably scale it back some to fit table dimensions. There's an incongruous electrical connection that needs to be removed, however, as you've got polarity reversed on the right end of the yard. The right-most (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Geometry for Yards

Hey cool! Nice work, my only thing I noticed that would be a problem is it's 17ft long! Anyway I will definitely put it to some good use at least as reference. OnDrew <-off to make the yard 8-wide compatable. (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

(...) Hi Thomas, thanks for sharing these further pictures without the logos in the center of the track layout. Do you have an idea, if this very layout has been published in one of the books like 238, 239, 241 or 242? (it is too hot, too late and (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Gray-era flip open boxes / Question about Blue-era flip box

(...) Hello train collectors + experts! I have not too much knowledge about the boxes of the cars in the 80ies. I am only familiar with the sets 7813 (no flip) and 7819 (flip). But another question came up at r.t.l these days: What about the box (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Track Geometry for Yards

I've been musing on track geometry.... Consider these assumptions. I assume these are fairly well known. Or at least, I didn't discover them myself; I found them either on LUGNET or some website. A1. Two points with a diagonal straight in between (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Another video...

Stay a while... Staaaay forever! (URL) please download to your system before viewing. This video clocks in just over 7 minutes and is approx 75 meg. It's a compilation from the footage from Sunday. I was late arriving Sunday so I don't have video (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Grip tyres for 12V trains

(...) FYI, in American English the term is "inner tube" and "tire". "outer" would be redundant. --Bill. (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Severely edited video for Friday night setup at NMRA Toronto

(...) Thanks for the wonderful review... And let me tell you Mark, that LDCC was the major enjoyment of the entire weekend! It's awesome to stand like 50 feet away and control a train via the LEGO ir remote. Jeff E was 'under the table' watching the (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

(...) Rob, we are a new group and would like to share our Containers with others. We are expecting to bring about 30 to Brickfest. So please add GtwLUG (Gateway Lego Users Group, St. Louis, Mo.) to your list for the Container Swap. Within GtwLUG, we (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Severely edited video for Friday night setup at NMRA Toronto

(...) Bravo! Definitely worth the download! The music was perfect. Favorite parts: Derek's dance. How the red train station glides across the screen, seemingly in time with the music. When the yellow station goes in, I think I can count seven elves (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gray-era flip open boxes

(...) Not sure, but I know my 7821 car came in a flip top box (I only have the top lid), and it's in the same price range as the 7813 car. 7813 is from 1986, so I suspect there was a switch around 1985, when the new trains were released. (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Gray-era flip open boxes

I recently won an auction for a 7813 Shell Wagon and I was surprised to find that it had a standard "open at the end" style box. My 7820 Mail Vans, 7818 Passenger Coach and 7814 Crane Wagon have much sturdier "top flips open" box. These boxes are (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Severely edited video for Friday night setup at NMRA Toronto

(...) The reason I mention Philip Glass is he did the music for KOYAANISQATSI, a movie which also uses a lot of up speeded clips. The repetitive music of Glass (Philip Glass joke: A friend of mine gave me a Philip Glass record. I listened to it for (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Severely edited video for Friday night setup at NMRA Toronto

(...) Thanks Jeroen, I had fun making it. It was a wee bit of a learning curve for VisualStudio, but I got it. I'll attempt to make the video for the vidcap for Sunday and get it up soon. I looked up Philip Glass--I liked the instrumental music for (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:HIEB0J.3qs@lugnet.com... (...) Very nice, David, worth the download! Good music too, suits the movie (altough some Philip Glass would have been nice too). Jeroen (21 years ago, 22-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

(...) oops i forgot: ben have a look at this picture: www.tu-bs.de/~y00076...p69s11.jpg from here www.tu-bs.de/~y00076...nframe.htm i fear there is no straight track in the wiggly middle part. bye/tschues thomas (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

hi! sorry i've been staring at this layout for decades and have rebuild it or sections in real live and on pc many times. i must admit that by now probably every detail of this track has built itself a nice and cosy home in my head. i should have (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickTopia Nuclear Missile Factory

(...) Thanks James, I was able to pick up those "skateboard" ramps for the cheap price of less than $1 each on Bricklink. When stacked, the make for cool, large-radius curves. I'm pretty excited about the new availability of "white" ramps in the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Severely edited video for Friday night setup at NMRA Toronto

(URL) download the video to your own system--do not try 'streaming' the video from my webserver--it's only an old EN6300 and it canna handle the pressure... Anyway, some brief info--I had the Vision Command camera built into a tower on the layout (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact