 Trains / 20412
Re: Redesigned Intermodal Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:42:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:

  • Due to the nice, low profile, the sides scrape the power leads. I need to shave them (the leads, that is) down in order for it to clear.

Have you tried not using the power leads at all? I haven’t tried it, but it would seem that if you cut a ‘normal’ 9volt wire, split the end and strip a short section of wire -- you could pry up the metal part of a rail enough to slip the wire underneath. If it works, it would certainly be less obtrusive than the regular power leads.

Not using power leads works great. I came up with a couple solutions last year, including one that uses a Bic pen clip, is super cheap, and is very low profile. Also, you don’t have to damage your track (!).

More info at: http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=16617

Rick Clark