 Trains / 20400
Re: Redesigned Intermodal Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:28:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Stefan Garcia wrote:
   John, these are absoulutely awesome. But FOUR Maersk conatainers?!?! :^p

Four? I count five, and that’s not counting the one I have for my Husky Stack...:-)
   I like especially the use of the technic bars for the bracing, it nails the effect. And the bettendorf trucks look nice.

Thanks for the props, Stefan! The trucks are my son’s design.

JOHN

-Stefan-

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   Hello train enthusiasts-

I have posted some new pics of my redesigned Gunderson Maxi-Stack III intermodal container car HERE

Highlights include:
  • low design
  • bracing (don’t ask about the geometry; it was all trial and error)
  • containers with real Maersk blue:-)
See my inspiration and compare to the prototype HERE

I will be posting a similar design of a TTX Husky Stack container car when I get pics.

Enjoy.

JOHN