 Trains / 20391
Re: Redesigned Intermodal Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 03:15:52 GMT

Rarely do I post comments, good or bad, about people’s MOCs, but this is a really great design. However, after working for the RR and climbing up and down on this type of car for years I have to notice that I didn’t see any handbrake wheels on it. Usually these 5 pack intermodal cars have a handbrake wheel on each end, sometimes mounted on top of the deck, other times on the side reachable from ground level. Not sure where the brakewheels were mounted on the prototype for this car though.

Minor nit-pick I know, but it’s not really all that noticable unless one is actually looking for it since the rest of the design with the air brake resoviors, top decking, and cross bracing is so well done.

Jeff Christner