 Trains / 20390
Re: Redesigned Intermodal Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 01:55:43 GMT

In lugnet.trains, William Toenjes wrote:

   J-2, Really nice! Questions: How does it make handle around curves and through switches? How tall is it with 2 containers stacked (is it less than 16 studs high?) Hope to see it irl when my work schedule allows me to make it to club :)

Thanks, Bill! Ahh. I forgot to list the lowlites;-)
  • Due to the nice, low profile, the sides scrape the power leads. I need to shave them (the leads, that is) down in order for it to clear.
  • Due to the semi-shrouded truck design (which is vvvvery nace;-) the car will only take a curve-straight-curve-straight-etc turn configuration (which is okay for me because I only use those anyway). I don’t have any switches on my main lines so that issue is moot. I would think that they wouldn’t have a problem as long as I didn’t put 2 curves together, but I’m not certain.
The overall height is 14 bricks.

I had to make some design compromises WRT to the prototype, but my Husky Stack is even more faithful to the original. I hope to get pics tomorrow.

JOHN