 Trains / 20402
Re: Redesigned Intermodal Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:01:59 GMT

  • Due to the nice, low profile, the sides scrape the power leads. I need to shave them (the leads, that is) down in order for it to clear.

Have you tried not using the power leads at all? I haven’t tried it, but it would seem that if you cut a ‘normal’ 9volt wire, split the end and strip a short section of wire -- you could pry up the metal part of a rail enough to slip the wire underneath. If it works, it would certainly be less obtrusive than the regular power leads.

What about soldering the leads to the rail? That way they wouldn’t come off. The heat would be the only concern, though I don’t think it would damage it alot.

Just an idea.

-Stefan-