 Trains / 12099
Re: One-tenth stud offsets (was Re: Retraction about offset stud on box cars)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 08:38:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton writes:
Right, take a look at these pictures.  I've set up a row of 1x2 bricks, each
set 1/10 of a stud further back than the last:
<http://www.joefish.cwc.net/tenths>

In lugnet.trains, Jake McKee writes:
Thanks for the pics. The one thing I am still not fully understanding with
all these methods is whether or not there is actually any means of fixed
attachment of the bricks on the outside wall. Those 1x2 bricks that are set
1/10th apart, in the picture, are they actually attached?

Look to the bottom-left of the orange brick closest to you, and read the
last paragraph again.  Each brick is sat on a 2x2 plate of the same colour
(admittedly, this isn't obvious from the photographs).  This connects the
light grey hinge or headlight bricks to the coloured 1x2 from underneath.

Jason J Railton

P.S. The orange one is actually a 2x2 L-shaped plate - I've never seen an
orange 2x2 square plate.