 Trains / 11051
Re: Home layouts (Re: Huge layout)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 07:33:26 GMT

I hope you get around to building it too! This is a great layout. It's rather
difficult to create a large layout, doubly difficult to make it interesting (and
not just look like a double loop). I always find it particularly diffucult to
resist the temptation to make the tables too congested, but you seem to have left
plenty of room for your cool scenery. When the layout enters the physical world, I
assume there will be additional sidings. If you plan to do operations, you may
want to add another run-around pass on the opposite side from A. Then you can have
front-facing sidings over there as well.

I also especially like the over/underpass.

The rest of your stuff on Brickshelf is also beautiful. Nice job.

Rick Clark

Frank Buiting wrote:

<snip>

I have uploaded my initial design at Brickshelf here
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=42545 so illustrate what I
mean. I think that especially the elevated areas are hard to transport.

I have compressed the picture a bit ('B' in the picture) but it gives an
indication of what I'm aiming for. The green lines indicate the border of
the tables. Also at 'B' the inner two tracks will elevate towards point 'C'
where two bridges will enable the tracks to cross. 'A' is a turntable (it's
just a short one (2 straight pieces) but sufficient to allow the locomotives
I have to enter and leave the engine shed. I really hope I get around
building this layout!

Comments are welcome of course!

-Frank