 Trains / *9854 (-20)
  Re: ballast

(...) René has done something similar at our FGLTC event: he used black bricks for ballast and brown bricks for sleepers. Best of this was the sound effect: when the 100++waggons train passed this section of track it gave a increased sound. I was (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ballast

(...) An interesting idea; Mosaic kits used solely for ballast. ("Please send me equal parts of each color.") I wonder how many sections of track you get for each kit... Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ballast

(...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  ballast

A few weeks ago I had this idea for a solution to a problem that had been bothering me for a while. Whenever I see a green baseplate between the ties of the train track, it looks really wierd to me. I seen the GMLTC pics where they use a combination (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

(...) snip..snip... Great work, makes me want to build my own stores. You need a strip mall with small shops linking your magnet stores. Also you need a trendy bar and grill like Friday's, Outback or etc. Once again great work, can't wait to see the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated 9V Switch/Points

Nice compact design with hardly any hard-to-find parts. Only problem is it won't work for me. Maybe you opened your switches and trimmed the tab off, so they would slide more easily? With unmodified switches, the white gear engages before the switch (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

Larry's got a good theory but really it's all about building recognition. So the Circuit City commercials with the giant red plug flying in and landing in the front of their store... and in general the unique and repeted look of the facade. In fact (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

Dan Parker (PNLTC) did a lot of leg work in this department and was met with a luke warm response at best. In fact Dan created rolling stock with themes like, Starbucks, TRU, I can't remember the rest but there are several and they are really cool! (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2001 UK catalogue

Try this web site for some pics for my big steamers. There are some good shots of the under-carriage and articulation. Thanks. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

Steve & All, (...) You have some excellent creations, I love the Target & Home Depot as well. It really captures the essence, especially the carts for Home Depot. Very nice touch. Too bad LEGO doesn't make a normal shopping cart! (...) Hey, those (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

Peter, Thanks for the comps! The windows are those big ugly 2x6x6 freestyle (pseudo-fabuland) windows that we never know what to do with. :) The door are 2x4x5 that normally house solid 6 panel doors. And I need to flush out some more detal as well. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Exporting images from Track Designer

"James Howse" <jehowse@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G7KDAM.4qn@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Thanks - this works perfectly. Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring dot com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Users Group (URL) - (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

Those are great Steve. I think people really like to look at a layout and be able to reconize buildings and scenes from the local area. And stores like Target, Home Depot, MickyDees are all easy to pick up on. Now the trick is to get these stores to (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2001 UK catalogue

(...) Yeah, I meant for your modern US style wagons. I'm impressed with the pulleys for wheels on those models. Do you know if they actually support the train, or are there more standard wheels that I can't see? (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

(...) <lovely buildings snipped> (...) Can I put in a request for a Best Buy instead of CC? <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2001 UK catalogue

(...) I'm not a steamer guy. I like throbbing and turbine whine better than hissing and cinders. There are a number of people who have shown an interest and a flair for steam. For instance: (URL) my sand tower in the background, of course, but (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

(...) Because it was an excellent use of orange bricks, especially the slopes. Amazing what you can do with pumpkins and Star Wars sets. junior (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Americana - new building for PDX GATS

(...) Wow! People are relpicating my McDonald's! I'm honored... Larry's pix don't show it, but mine does have a drive-thru--you can kinda see it on the left side at (URL) of table unevenness at the GATS, we didn't actually have cars at the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: 2001 UK catalogue

(...) I presume that refers to the whole catalogue, not just trains? If so there could be an even longer wait. (...) Exactly. It doesn't mean that new trains will be arriving in July. But, I hope that they do. Having got back in to Lego over the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Exporting images from Track Designer

(...) Highlight bit you want to appear in picture, ctrl-c, open a bmp format program (paint, paintbrush image-edit etc.), ctrl-v, Magic! image appears. Save as bmp (or otherwise) and hooray, done. James (who apolgises for the excitement, he's up (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact