 Trains / *9349 (-20)
  Re: Three New Train Cars

Chris, Wow, looks great. I really like the caboose. I hate cutting tubing, but the curved railings look so good that I might have to cut some tubing for my caboose. Did you use stiff (pod racer) tubing or flexible tubing? Also, I like the steps. Is (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dimensions of a 4561 box?

(...) Hey great, thanx Mike! Have a good one! KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three New Train Cars

(...) Thanks Tom. Did you see the detail picture of the truck? I took your suggestions and beefed them up a bit. My next soon to be published creation is especially for you- turnabout is fair play right? :) -chris (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe locomotive - work in progress

(...) Nice work, Mike. I like the way you've done the warbonnet striping. The real thing uses yellow and black striping to separate the silver and red but I think if you're going to use just one color (which is a good choice) yellow is the one to (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dimensions of a 4561 box?

"Kyle D. Jackson" <flightdeck@sympatic...mblock.ca> wrote in message news:G6Bz71.Ksq@lugnet.com... (...) Just happen to have one sitting on the floor here in my office: 20 3/4" x 15" x 4 1/2" Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Dimensions of a 4561 box?

[This seems as good a place as any to post this.] G'day folks, Just looking for a little help with something. I need to know the outer dimensions of a 4561 box (LxWxH). I'm on vacation and don't have any handy that I can measure myself. Thanx and (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe locomotive - work in progress

(...) That engine you're making is pretty neat. I also use dummy headlights on all my MOC's (I sell the light fixtures on Brickbay), I realise that if you can't light everything then why light just your trains if your town/layout is dark too. I've (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: first pictures of German Train Event online

(...) Outstanding brain candy as usual. Looking forward to more pics! junior (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe locomotive - work in progress

Tonight I started work on a Santa Fe locomotive based on a picture in an LGB catalog. Although I can't find a picture of the exact train on the web anywhere, the picture in the LGB catalog is fairly close to this one: (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NewTechnic wind-up and trains

What do you mean "wind-up" motor and why do you think that maybe is used in train? Do you have any pictures? Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Michel Magnan writes: <snip> (...) Things are falling into place nicely for the kid's play area at SuperTrain2001. If I haven't told you already, it is the largest train show in Canada, and in the top ten for North America. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Cross Track Out Of Production?

(...) From the LEGO "Shop web-site": Cross Track Ages:7-12 Pieces:1 Price:USD 9.99 Item#:4519 In Stock SRC (Who only has one of them himself) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Via train photos

(...) What would you like to know? 8-) I'm currently focusing on making a long layout with buildings at either end. I expect to use all your straight segments, plus any others I can borrow from anywhere else. With ~90% of the layout straight, you (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  first pictures of German Train Event online

We have started our 5th train event quite successfully. First pictures are uploaded at brickshelf in a new folder: (URL) have been some 8-wides and a gallery of 5 (!!) copies of 7750. Regards, Ben (+ Jan K. + HoMa) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first stab at ray tracing - steel coil train

Looks good to me! Hey i dont even know how to use ldraw or ray tracing or pov ray or anything AHHHHHH to confusing! (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first stab at ray tracing - steel coil train

Looks good to me! Hey i dont even know how to use ldraw or ray tracing or pov ray or anything AHHHHHH to confusing1! (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three New Train Cars

Nice cars Chris. The Covered Hopper is very nice. The caboose looks good with the curved handrails now. The gondola with 'junk' is nice too. "Christopher Tracey" <ctracey@envirolink.org> wrote in message news:3A4B7E3A.C4C855...ink.org... (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three New Train Cars

Thanks, No opening doors on the hopper (yet!). I have some ideas for it but I wanted to get a finished model done. I'm actually working on another hopper that should be ready by the middle of january. -chris (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three New Train Cars

(...) I have the shell of my hopper done (6wide) but currently I don't have the bottom dumping working the way I want it to. What I'm hoping to get working is a lever or push rod that can be activated by an automated device (maybe a RCX device (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  My first stab at ray tracing - steel coil train

(URL) A tutorial on improving foreground/background would be welcomed! Huw (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact