 Trains / 8889
Re: Three New Train Cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 20:17:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

"James J. Trobaugh" wrote:

Chris,

I like the covered hopper (been working on a new hopper myself), does it
have working doors on the bottom for dumping?

I, too, have been working on a hopper (90% completed) that doesn't dump out
the bottom (neither does the proto)  When I finish I'll post some pics--
I've got *lots* to show and tell:-)

-John

I have the shell of my hopper done (6wide) but currently I don't have the
bottom dumping working the way I want it to. What I'm hoping to get working
is a lever or push rod that can be activated by an automated device (maybe a
RCX device located in a mill/grain yard/gravel yard). The final system will
be able to automaticly fill and dump the contents from the hoppers.

One of the biggest challenges is to make it with very readly avaible parts
so that I can build quite a few of them.

I hoping to have it done by the end of January, maybe the first of Feb....

jt