 Trains / 8891
Re: Three New Train Cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 21:28:01 GMT

Nice cars Chris.  The Covered Hopper is very nice.  The caboose looks good with the curved handrails
now.  The gondola with 'junk' is nice too.

"Christopher Tracey" <ctracey@envirolink.org> wrote in message
I just posted some pics of three new 8-wide train cars I built to my
brickshelf gallery.

The baywindow caboose and gray gondola are 8-wide versions of some six
wide models I built.  (go to
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=345 for to see the six
wide caboose for comparison sake- I don't know where pics of the gondola
are).  I'm really pleased with the caboose, mainly because working in
the wider scale allowed me to overcome some of the problems I had
building the six wide version.

The third car here is covered hopper.  I ran out of 1x8 white plates so
only one side of this is complete.  I think I am going to rebuild this
in gray since I have a wider piece selection in that color.

I have three more cars and an engine in the works, but I'm waiting on
parts (I wish TRU would restock the droid escapes).

Let me know what you think.

-chris