 Trains / 8895
Re: Via train photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 22:58:43 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:
Well james they are nice but I too agree that they are short.

The problem is of the lego curves.  If I make them much longer, then
they look stupid going around the curves.  At present they are 24/26
studs long over the vestibule...

As above, a ~50 long train car looks silly to my mind on the Lego curves.
I'm also building the train for a unknown layout right now...

What would you like to know?  8-)
I'm currently focusing on making a long layout with buildings at either
end.  I expect to use all your straight segments, plus any others I can
borrow from anywhere else.  With ~90% of the layout straight, you
could get away with making VIA longer if you wanted to.  I'm also
going to try to keep lots of room in the corners, in case we feel like
letting "Big Red" out for a run.  :-)  Same thing with height - I intend
to make my bridge high enough for 8-wide.  Kevin: Is 14 bricks enough?

By the way James, the train looks great.

SRC
StRuCtures