 Trains / 8873
8872  |  8874
Subject:
Via train photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 14:30:56 GMT

http://www.geocities.com/wx732/LegoJPG/VIA/VIA.html
Is what I have got done so far.  3 Coaches, one Beavertail, one steam heat
van, one ~FP7A.  Nose on the FP is hard to do.  To do it right, we need some
transition curves, from one plane into another.

I think the beavertail is likely wrong, it should be Stainless with a blue band
along the top- my 'Canadian' photos don't have any photos of the beavertail
painted except like that, but for uniformity, it looks right.  Also, even
though there has been much prodding around here, it is still a 6 wide model.  8
wide would have been much easier for some details (like I could get 2 seats
across in each coach-that would be quite nice), but would have limited its use
for NALUG.  Height wise, it is quite tall, at a clearance of 13 from the track
bed.  If the Naboo fighter cockpits were available in a longer form, I would
use them to create a dome car as well as the beavertail, as it stands the
beavertail dome looks somewhat trundicated anyway, and it is only a small dome
on the real things.

I've started on .dats, when I finish them, they (in entirety) will be posted.
Mostly it is a very simple set of designs.

LMKWYT eh?

James P