 Trains / *9189 (-20)
  SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there

(...) Well the deadline (to commit) is tomorrow, and with it being the largest model train show in Canada, if felt strongly enough that there should be a LEGO presence there that I have committed myself to attending and putting on a display on my (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  RE: Track Question

Michael You are correct for 9v. the voltage is applied to whichever direction the switch is selected to. My son Martin found out the hard way when he changed one switch, it applied the voltage, and plowed my 4565 into my newly traded MetroLiner! You (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Track Question

When you create a siding using two switches does the track not in use become isolated ? this does not work for 12v but I think it does for 9v because the direction of the switch determines which line carries the current. What I want is to have two (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

(...) Thanks, Bryan. I use these for all of my passenger cars. The car you selected has been selected for extinction;-) Here are my newest versions: (URL) (I try to use the 4 wide version <6081> as much as possible). -John (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

Outstanding... Between the tiles and the curved top pieces, this set looks like a good one for train parts. Thanks for the link, Dan. -- Bryan "Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> wrote in message news:20001214094441....xif.com... (...) curved (...) they (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

(...) here, see for yourself :) (URL) Dan Boger / dan@peeron.com / www.peeron.com / ICQ: 1130750 <set:7855_1>: 12 volt conducting rails, curved (LEGO/SYSTEM/Trains/.../Accessory Elements), '80, 8 pcs (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: lee tuckers steam engine

(...) I'm actually not sure if Lee reads lugnet or not... and I don't have his email. Sorry... However, you might be interested that Lee isn't a purist - his models do use modified/mutilated bricks... Still very cool though :) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  lee tuckers steam engine

Hello, I know this is old news to most of you but while surffing peeron.com I came across lee tuckers steam engine. Now, i wanted to do something like that but I need Lee's help on a part in the engine. I hate to harvest mail so i am posting this (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Bulk bricks for trains

How about the little 'Brick 2 x 1 x 1&1/3 with Curved Top' parts as seen in (URL) . I would really like to see these offered in bulk (or a 4 wide version). These are tough to come by in any color besides green (Flash Speeder has 12). They look so (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Bulk bricks for trains

I was thinking about which elements would be good in bulk for trains. The list gets long quickly, but is there a rule of thumb to go by to at least sort a long list by importance. How about some numbers. Assume 28 studs long train x 5 cars roof (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thanks for all the input this past week

(...) I don't think they grasped the what I was talking about with 6 vs. 8. I try to make is simple, but I think the whole "stud measuring" system was still sinking in. A few of them shook their heads as if they understood, but I don't think they (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Thanks for all the input this past week

(...) You did a good job with the local NMRA, traditionally they were stubborn types who would only be interested if you spoke in terms of 'HO,N,ect.'Kudos to you...-Harvey (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Thanks for all the input this past week

(...) But where did they side in the 6 vs 8 wide debate????? lol (...) Glad it went well. Thanks for plowing ground into new and exciting NMRA territory! -John (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Thanks for all the input this past week

I just wanted to thank everyone who offered input on my LEGO train presentation to the local NMRA division here in Atlanta. The meeting went real well, everyone had lots of good questions and seemed very interested. After the presentaion I had a (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Hypothetically Speaking...

(...) Wouldn't it be better to separate buffers and couplers? I'm thinking of the individual buffers that used to be produced. As far as trucks and couplers go, I think a talgo config would prolly work best (although not prototypical). -John (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hypothetically Speaking...

(...) That's because, if they change the couplers, one would hopefully still be able to use the current couplers (which I find adaquate, although hard to uncouple) with the new couplers. I'd like to see 2 'styles' of Kadee type coupler, with one (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hypothetically Speaking...

(...) That's not quite accurate. Maybe nobody complained in Lugnet newsgroups... Anyway, add me to the list of likely complainers if they changed the gauge. I can handle a change in couplers, though. /Eric McC/ (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: German LEGO Community

(...) Hallo Kai, "Steine" ist der Plural von "Stein", richtig, im Englischen wird "Steine" in diesem Zusammenhang am Besten mit "bricks" übersetzt. "Steine" is plural of "Stein", in english, "Steine" means "bricks", Viele Grüße, René (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hypothetically Speaking...

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, SRC (<G5FCJJ.J68@lugnet.com>) wrote at 22:16:31 (...) So true. All we are talking about here is a difference in the loading gauge. The only incompatibility is trackside clearances. Model Trains would make an excellent *addition* (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) You could probably make a larger truss - yes - but a suspension bridge will always be able to be made longer - and from less LEGO. The counterweight and bending tower problem is easily fixed at the same time the span length is increased. ie. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact