 Trains / *8669 (-20)
  Re: Acela Nose L-coupler matches standard height

(...) My ideas for the passenger wagons on the Acela are very tentative at the moment. I have not yet tried even a preliminary start. I am very ready to continue the Acela project, for I heard on the news that the Acela made its inaugural trip (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) I think that is so funny, interesting funny, not ha ha funny. So many models are built around a part that the builder thinks is perfect. James thought the boat bridge window would be perfect for a DB212. Kim thought that the sloped round (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) Great crash of Nov '00? Chris (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Acela Nose L-coupler matches standard height

Hello James, I am not a very frequent poster but have any ideas on cars for the acela? (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F7 Diesel engine

Thanks. What's a NOHAB? Kim (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) Actually, I believe this is a 3/10 stud offset rather than 1/2 stud. Here's how I come up with that number: Based on the the pictuer at: (URL) generally caluclate things base a unit that is 1/5 of a stud width (which is 1/6 the height of a (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New private Homepage online

Thanks for telling us all about Markus new web site. I just enjoyed viewing all the sites. Always great to see new creations. I really like his ticketcenter "look". It is very nice. There are some great MOCs. I like his white and red passenger train (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New private Homepage online

Hi Train folks, a friend of mine, Markus Strick from Aachen, Germany just brought his personal webseite online. It's nearly 100% LEGO train related. He uses a nice way of navigating: A real german ticketcenter like it could be found at every station (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) I'm not for sure if this is a new way of attaching "stuff" or not: (URL) of the models at this site is a box car based on Gianluca's design. I think I've approached the stud-offset in a little different manner, but achieving the same offset (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Why did Lego stop the electrically controlled trains?

"Sonnich Jensen" <sjensen@novocetec.com> wrote in message news:000d01c04efc$b6...tec.com... (...) again? (...) I talked to people who had a LEGO factory tour in Germany and they have seen box designs for remote-controlled signal posts... -Frank (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) I have to agree. Not enough screen realestate to see all the angles, and no way to tell (for certain cases) that you've just embedded a brick inside of another one. I am happy to say that all my models have survived the great crash of Nov (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) I just flipped the tailgate around at the finger-hinge junction. The 1x4 "finger" plate to which the tailgate is attached is still studs-up. However, the 1x4 "finger" plates are offset 1/2 stud to produce a slight slope to the front "grill" (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes: <regarding sliding doors construction comments> Thanks. (for some reason Masi's reply was not inserted into this reply?) Enjoy box cars! :-) later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

(...) Very nice! Thanks for showing it. Best wishes toward finalizing the modificaitons and building your blue wagon! later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) Problem is, I build best IRL. It's very difficult (at least for me) to come up with a complex design in LDraw alone. --Bram Bram Lambrecht BXL34@po.cwru.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

(24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) Really, I think the "it has actually been built factor" lends a lot of coolness to the digital pictures. When I see the cool POV Ray stuff I always wind up thinking "Cool, to bad it is not real". On the other hand, a picture AND an MOC (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) Well, we've come to expect that from every single one of James' creations, haven't we? And often, he *does* discover some new method for attaching stuff. --Bram Bram Lambrecht BXL34@po.cwru.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis really has caught the 8-wide bug!

(...) ?? Well, maybe not NEW, but there is a LOT of SNOT in this model. Consider the grillwork on the nose. That's done with two tailgates, one right side up, one upside down. Consider the cab windows. These are boat bridge windows, upside down. So (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

Hi ! Yesterday evening I just had some minutes spare time, but nevertheless I succeed in building some lego :-) First I copied your sliding-doors, James - then I modified them a little bit, so that now doors on both sides of a train could easily be (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact