 Trains / *5844 (-20)
  Re: newbie /w questions...

(...) Welcome to Lego Trains, remember not to go too fast as they fall off the tracks (just like real trains). I can't say i ever remember my 12V trains ever having this problem though. (...) A good source of information is Matthew Bates Lego Trains (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: newbie /w questions...

(...) Start surfing here: www.nmra.com for good proto and model info... then go to a hobby shop and get last year's Walthers catalog which has lots of pictures. (...) Not really, no, but search this group for the term, and if you don't find it, ask (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  newbie /w questions...

I'm rather new to lego trains. The 4561 Railway Express was my first and I just picked up the 3225 Classic Train today. Now I'd like to start building my own... Can anyone suggest some good sources of pictures so that I can model real life trains? (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New truck design... need help

If you are going to try the 1x6 technic plate you cloud try using a 2L axle and two 1/2 width bushings to hold the airtank in place. Just a thought, Chris (...) (25 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: wanted: 2x2 classic windows

Hello, In my childhood, I owned a 352 windmill, and I'm absolutely sure that it had a white door and white 2x2 classic window (I live in The Netherlands). Later on the bricks became mixed up in a big box, but I can't remember having any grey doors (...) (25 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New truck design... need help

That the beauty of it. There is no prototype that I know of, but it looks kinda cool. And typically that's what I'm after! The stud down is a good idea, I was thinking about a 1x6 technic plate with holes in stud positions 1 and 6. Maybe I can stuff (...) (25 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) blank (...) I think Steve is trying to represent the springs on a US style truck. Frank (25 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New truck design... need help

(...) Just rambling here in hopes of spurring some other ideas. Do you want the tank held down at the first stud level or just prevented from coming loose? If the latter, perhaps something with a stud reversed? If the former, barring using things (...) (25 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New truck design... need help

Hi, If you use a piece(or two) of tubing (found in any pneumatic sets) you can squeeze it in and that will hold the air tank firmly. Eric. (...) (25 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New truck design... need help

Hi All, I tried a new truck design and need some help, pls look at the instructions at the URL: (URL) 3: shows the air tanks attached to the 1x2 single stud plate however... Step 6: shows a 2x4 plate "covering" the 1x2 single stud plate but it does (...) (25 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: wanted: 2x2 classic windows

Way back when, when Samsonite ran the Canadian Distribution for Lego, they offered a spare parts sale through the Lego Club. I was a wee tyke then, so it must have been around 1980 or so. I ordered a box of parts, and it turned out to include a (...) (25 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: wanted: 2x2 classic windows

(...) There were quite a few sets that had yellow 1x2x2 windows. The Police Station set #585 had the most ever, with 11 windows. There were a few basics sets that had these as well. Sets #510 and #517, both from the mid 1980's had 2 windows in each (...) (25 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: My Inverted Hopper Design

(...) Being new to trains, (1 Year on the 29th. 4565 B-Day prezzy from wife) I've gone from following directions to variations on the directions to MOC's. I have a cute little tanker that I did back before we pooled our LEGO. (My wife has much more (...) (25 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Inverted Hopper Design

(...) That's been done... Mike Poindexter did it. However it's not clear that it was an improvement, per se. Bigger does not always automatically equate to Better. (also GD&R) Dean my advice to you is not to (try to) improve on my design... but to (...) (25 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Inverted Hopper Design

That is a very clever design, Dean. Funny, I was just talking to Mike Poindexter last night and he was talking about doing the same thing! Now, here is what I think: If you can come up with this ingenious design to get around using rare parts, you (...) (25 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Inverted Hopper Design

(...) Sadly I hit the send button by mistake. I normally do cross post properly, honest! sigh... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (25 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Inverted Hopper Design

(...) I gave you some positive feedback for this fine model, which does some very clever inversions, in your local group (lugnet.loc.ca.bc.<s...ething>... where you also posted this message. now here's some less glowing feedback. :-) Consider (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  My Inverted Hopper Design

I've been trying to create a fleet of Hoppers without having to use rare parts that I do not posses. Below is my first attempt and I think it worked out pretty good. (URL) love to hear your comments. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Happy Easter AFOLs!

(...) Yes I am! Happy Easter to all on Lugnet, especially to all on lugnet.trains, since that's my favorite newsgroup here. Regards, Ben my (non train) Lego® Easter picture: (URL) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: wanted: 2x2 classic windows

Reinhard \"Ben\" Beneke schreef: (...) I know 6689 (post office, 1984) had one 1x2x2 yellow window as well, and it's on eBay a lot for reasonable prices... (25 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact