 Trains / 5664
Re: wanted: 2x2 classic windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 08:17:06 GMT

Hello,

In my childhood, I owned a 352 windmill, and I'm absolutely sure that it had
a white door and white 2x2 classic window (I live in The Netherlands).
Later on the bricks became mixed up in a big box, but I can't remember
having any grey doors and windows. Me and my brothers played a lot with the
Lego, so I think I would have known when they were grey. All the windows we
had, were red, yellow or white. But if other people are convinced that they
were grey, have there been different sets?
(I hope this message drops into the right place, it's the first time I post
a message at Lugnet, sorry if it goes wrong)

Best regards
  Ron

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> schreef in bericht
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mark Harrison writes:
Hi Ben,

Wrong, as I received a 352 from a seller in France that contained the • single
grey
2x1x2 classic window. As we both agree to how rare it is, the seller • would not
have just had one lying around and misread the instructions. The seller • even
apologised that the grey door that goes next to the grey window was badly • damaged and he replaced it with a red one.
I have already confirmed that this set had a grey window and door with • other
collectors in Europe.

Mark H.

Dear Mark,

and this is really not the revanche for my april fool joke? I can't • believe!
I'm a collector since a really long time and I never saw an old grey • window and
I never saw a grey door either!

For the moment I have no arguments against your word, so I have to believe • it.
But I asked some friends of mine: one of them owns the 352 since his • childhood
and he is absolutely sure his set had a white door and window since • ever....
I will ask some more people around and I would be glad to find a good • picture,
which shows a 2x3 door in gray, to blow away my last doubts.

Best Regards,

Ben