 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 5772
Re: wanted: 2x2 classic windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 17:49:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Frank Buiting wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Gary R. Istok writes:

<snipped-a-lot>

Lindsay, 1x2x2 windows do exist in black.  But I can't say in what set.

Black 1x2x2 windows appeared in the following 80s train sets that I know:

7727 (2x)
7750 (2x)
7810 (4x)

Also the 7750 has 4 1x1x2 windows in black. The 7760 has 2 1x3x2 windows in
blue, also rare.

--
Frank Buiting

Visit the LEGO Lexicon: http://members.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/

Thanks Frank,

Yes a collector friend in Germany told me about that rare 1x3x2 blue window.
It's in the locomotive, if I remember correctly.  It's the only occurrance of a
1x3x2 window in a color besides red or white.

I hope that Brad Justus confirms that the classic window molds are still
intact, and not buried into the walls or foundations of some of the LEGO
headquarters buildings in Billund (which I understand to be the way they
dispose of old molds so as not to have them falling into the hands of some
unsavory AFOL who could reuse them....:-).

Imagine those 1x6x2 (3 pane) classic windows, probably my all time favorite
LEGO window, could one day appear in yellow, black, green, or any other LEGO
color.  I am drooling over the prospects already.  Ditto for the 3 small window
types (1x1x1, 1x2x1, 1x1x2), which are very versatile when used in groupings.

If someone were to ask me what the rarest LEGO windows are, I would probably
say:

1) Blue 1x3x2
2) Black 1x2x2 and 1x1x2
3) Gray 1x2x2
4) Yellow 1x2x2 and 1x2x1 with the window "sill" (only ever found in set 325,
which has 2 of each).
5) Yellow 1x6x5 - that large wide window (found in Dacta Hospital set) - only
set that has these in yellow is the large people homemaker Schoolroom set
(can't remember the set #).

There are a few others to add, but I've run out of time.  Gotta run.

Gary Istok