 Trains / *5242 (-20)
  Re: Just how sturdy are your trains?

Christopher, Just a quick question kind of off the subject. But on your pictures of your SD40-2 there were some black and red wires ((URL) What are those for? James Christopher Masi wrote in message <38DB335C.B5F154D@cm...ne.edu>... (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GFLTC Take on Modules...

Robin, I was wondering how you run the layouts when they're in cabinets? I noticed that at the GATS show your layout was against the wall, so you wouldn't be able to stand behind it. (or that's what the picture looked like) How do you change rolling (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Building my train table

Thank you all for the suggestions. I don't have time to comment now on each one (things are a bit crazy in the office this morning). But I have printed all of the suggestions and will be taking them into account as I build my table. I do believe I'm (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just how sturdy are your trains?

Hi Christopher, I think that's quite natural. Fine detailed models with studs in changing directions will be more fragile than massive models with all studs upside... As an example Torsten Werneckes bavarian 4-4-4 steam engine is quite stable when (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building my train table

FYI, it's more expensive, but if you use birch plywood for the top/sides/girders, the table will be much lighter, stiffer, and stronger than using plain plywood or LDF/MDF. You could go all the way down to 1/4" birch plywood and still take an (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Just how sturdy are your trains?

Let me say that this is NOTmeant to be derogatory in any way. I just checked out Ben's "a Baltimore and Ohio Royal Blue 2-6-2 steam engine" (URL) it got me thinking. Ben used a stud forward building technique along the length of the engine, and I (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train

Ben, It looks nice. It looks like you are using rounded off "FreeStyle" 2x3 bricks [1] on the cab and on the tender. I have been looking for those. I have only found one FreeStyle set that has them in blue, and that $20 set only has two of them. (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train

(...) something. (...) Very cool! It's the first aerodynamic steam engine I have seen in the net so far: great shape! I like the amount of rounded bricks, the use of seats as valves/cylinders and the cool colour of course. Regards, Ben (the ABS one) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train

Stop the madness!!! Ben's bingeing again! SteveB Ben Fleskes wrote in message ... (...) something. (...) early (...) now, I (...) truck. (...) chairs as (...) cylinders. (...) forward (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New train

All this talk of modules and standards inspired me to actually build something. (URL) a Baltimore and Ohio Royal Blue 2-6-2 steam engine circa, late 1930s early 1940s. Not sure if the wheel arrangement is correct since the leading and trailing truck (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Lego Modular tables

(...) Something that came up on the call is that for geometry reasons, if you want curved modules not to have overhanging track you need your track centers on multiples of 8 studs away from the module edge. So the outermost track should be at 8 (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

(...) I have to go with John on this one. Afer all, he's my acolyte and some of that infallibility was bound to rub off on him. (...) No, the moral is, you're not going to be able to prove me or John wrong about stuff at this point in our (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) later ~ craig~ (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

(...) I have seen people put the 12V center wheel from a 12V motor there. Not sure how they did it. If you do, you lose the outer cladding (which simulates the truck sideframe members, spring hangers and other stuff). (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  GFLTC Take on Modules...

With over 70 post with in the last 24 hours, most on the table and module design. I thought I would give the GFLTC take on display modules. We don’t just use tables, we cover them, making them cabinets. It make it easy to setup and operate at shows. (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Legomodular standards

Watch this space. A conference call (sponsored by Mercator Software Inc.) was just held among GMLTC and BAYLTC and I believe we've reached a consensus on legomodular standards, for module size, and for the interface points. I don't want to (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Building my train table

Perhaps my tables are a bit overkill for a tabletop Lego layout (actually, they definitely are) but they are not overkill for a legomodular layout where 70+ pounds of bricks are put on top of them in addition to the structures and rolling stock. (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) The thing that everyone is missing is this... This isn't Earth, they aren't humans. They are Legoans and they come from LegoLand. (I've seen proof!) It's a classic Xenophobe reaction. Shame on you all! They are perfect as they are! Back to (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Building my train table

The PNLTC tables aren't too bad to make once you have the jig for the holes. I just have the guys at Home Depot cut the top wood for me (3/8 particle board for the NGLTC), their saw makes a much nicer cut the I can do on the driveway with my (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Proposed 'Legomodule' standard

I have been envisioning a different idea. Start at, for example, 4 bricks + 1 plate at the audience side of the module. Run 1-2 main lines there. At the back of the module, run 1-2 main lines at an elevation of 22 bricks +1 plate. That leaves 18 (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact