 Trains / *5202 (-20)
  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

Richard Schamus <legoman34@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:Frw36w.B2u@lugnet.com... (...) not 8 (...) I disagree with you. They can be to scale, just not with minifigs in them. Pick a scale and then calculate how many studs/bricks/plates (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

We use 1/8" thick plexi on the side of our layouts. It has several benefits. -Keeps straying fingers away from the layout. -Helps keep pieces from 'wandering' away. -Keeps the trains, when they derail, from going on the floor. -People can still get (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

(...) I agree with that completely. :-) <Snip> (...) at (...) I agree with this too!!! wow. My thought on this is to incorporate some technic pegs in the wall of the section that can take any bridging strucuture that snaps on. So that if there were (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

Try 1:48, which is "O" scale in trains. Seems to work out okay for us Atewidians;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: infrared remote control of LEGO trains using NQC and RCX

(...) Here is a question for someone to give some thought to. Is there a way to get a third wheel between to two wheels on the 9v train motor. (of course I am talking about one side of the motor, but I would do it to both sides...) There is a hole (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

Dear all, I'm impressed by the big amount of posts concerning module standards! And all this just because I started a little question in the beginning of this thread.... But to define standards seems to be a serious problem of all train clubs and I (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) (A quick peek behind the scenes at TLC design department... "OMG, he's figured it out! Quick let's leave work early before someone notices this post and we actually have to create something non-juniorized to the correct scale...") I've just (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Legomodular standards

(...) (broken out for emphasis) (...) Whew... Fortunately, that's not what's being advocated. Track spacing and height need not be the same for all modules. Only for a few. And you've already said you're picking a standard size in the length/width (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

(...) If you're a plywood club, you definitely should go with the PNLTC "standard" (there is more than one) given your geographic proximity. ++Lar (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

(...) Again: Trailer is 76 inches wide. Trailer door is 72 inches wide. Between the wheelwells trailer is around 74 inches wide. We need to be able to get the racks into the trailer, and rotate them so they fit in 'cross ways'. This also gives us a (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

OMG...Was this the first Lego Ikea set? lol (...) bodies... (...) * (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) Yep! Just check out: (URL) the parents' heads are still too big anyway :) DaveE (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

In lugnet.trains, Mike Poindexter writes: <snip> (...) <snip> DVD vs. DIVX was not about 'standards', it was about profits. CC bought the sales pitch from the lawyers that they would make more money on DIVX than they could on DVD. DIVX players could (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) Isn't it true that they were originally used as babies in sets with larger 'figs? eric (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) Well, my standard for minifigs is 7mm = 1 minifig foot. This is based off of the fact that minifigs are typically about 42mm tall (you can adjust that with backpacks and hats), which should be roughly 6 feet. This translates roughly into a (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

(...) I was trying to get people to calm down from throwing out ideas like "well, just buy a new trailer" or "just rent a Ryder, never mind that you use the trailer for storage between shows", which are not particularly helpful suggestions. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) Minifigs are minifig scale. I know they don't scale up to human size: my head isn't as tall as my torso, and my legs are longer than both. Oh, and I have knees. I suspect TLG designed them to be somewhat childlike. Large round heads, (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) The problem is that minifigs don't actually have human proportions. Therefore, "minifig scale" is actually kind of wonky too. ericc (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New LEGO train realism?

Ben Fleskes wrote re th efolding buffet-table type legs: (...) Those legs are stronger then you might think (with decent fixings, of course). They are quite happy with a 280lb guy on the table. Mind you, if it's a long table, it tends to sag in the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Minifig What scale are they??

(...) They're not to any particular scale... depending on the dimension you use you get different scales. They are either extremely fat normal height people, or extremely stunted normal thickness people. Lego was just predicting what we all will (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact