 Trains / *2682 (-20)
  Re: Train Windows

(...) Looking at the Direct catalog, it appears the back window is definately a Train window. The glass appears to be plain glass. Well, some glass is better than no glass. Too bad, we might have to wait till May 1 to get them. :( -Chris (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Buy your track now!

At least they will still stock it for 2000... Bryan <very sad about Town 2000> Michael Hader <mhader@hubcap.clemson.edu> wrote in message news:FKx19z.FG6@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

Train windows have a divider molded into the glass. You're right, though, there is a good chance there are 7 windows (though the rear could be a 1x4x3 trans panel). (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

(...) Grey? Uh-uh - look at the inset next to 3401, they are white. The shading is wrong in the main picture, they are shadowed there. And no glass on them. (...) You HOPE - it doesn't HAVE to have windows on the other side ;-) (...) Yeah, I'm (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

(...) Is it 6 or 7? I'm hoping for 7, but if not then what do you think is in the back of the bus? I can't see on the one with white windows, but zoomed in on the red\black ones it looks like another window. (...) Not being a train head (yet) (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

Check out: (URL) $22, you can get either 6 black, red or white train windows. Too bad we don't get the train glass, but I am more thankful than able to complain at this point! After closer inspection, it does appear that the set with three train (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Buy your track now!

According to.. (URL) price of track is going up.. Michael (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

(...) Wow, maybe I ought to hold onto that 4558 after all. I guess I'm halfway to being able to make as many Club Cars as I want with these sets. What do you figure on cost for 3401? I'd say $10 or less except for that goofy action-keeper thingie. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

The ones in the soccer bus look white. compare the gray to the white in the grandstand, and then look at the bus. KL (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows

I'm not so sure they are gray... look at the caption picture that shows the action shot of the minifig kicking a ball. Those look white :-( Maybe Kevin can clarify for us, but I'm not optimistic. They look gray in the one shot but it is shadowed and (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Train Windows

Woo Hoo!!!...!!! Gray train windows in the 2000 sets! 3 gray windows in a SMALL set. We can get all we want now. Set #3401 has probably 50 pieces and 3 are gray 1x4x3 train window frames. Also, in set #3405 we will be able to get 6 white train (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Look at this orange car

(...) That's a nice little gondola. It looks like those parts come from the Scala set 3110 Four Animal Friends (which comes with one of them and costs USD 7.00 from S@H). No if only there would be a matching wall section so that one could make a (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

In lugnet.trains, Jim Rorstrom writes: <snip> (...) Thanks for the compliments. I'm happy my design has inspired you. The large drive can be found in such sets as: (URL) are used for the large fuel tank on the shuttle. Each drive wheel is connected (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

(...) Yes, that explains it very well. Thanks. John (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

(...) To start, great train! I love late steam locomotives but, have been frustrated trying to come up with a drive mechanism that is both reliable and prototypical in appearance. My current design uses two drive moters in an articulated set-up with (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

In lugnet.trains, John Warren writes: <snip> (...) to (...) Correct. The trucks stay on the same pivot point at all times. The drive wheels simply move away(towards the back) from the front truck around the curves. There are no springs used (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Questions on selling train 'kits'

(...) Consider the potential buyers motivation to purchase a custom car. I am a proud owner of one of Larry's coal cars. I considered what other Lego kits were available (blue hopper) and the price I could expect to pay for one ($45). I considered (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

(...) You talk about the trucks sliding forward and backwards. It seems to me that the body would hinder this from happening due to the fact that it connects to the the front and rear trucks via two stationary pins. Since the body doesn't stretch (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) There is a sliding joint between the forward pivot in front of the drive wheels that translates forward and back relative to the leading truck. Thus, when the train goes around curves, the joint (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ben's LEGO 4449 Daylight train.

I'm not a big fan of steam but this looks very sweet. One question I have about the drive train, the distance between the front and back pivot points needs to be shorter when going around a curve than when you're on a tangent. How do you accomodate (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact