 Trains / *23760 (-20)
  MichLTC & COLTC to display at COSI Museum in Toledo, Ohio

The Michigan LEGO® Train Club is pleased to announce that we will be participating in the COSI museum's Toy Factory Trains weekend. On December 12th and 13th from 10am till 5pm, MichLTC will be running the trains, answering questions about our 20 ft (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org) !

  Re: new(ish) SNOT part

(...) I like this part and its related cousin the 1x4-1x2 bracket. Both of them are great for SNOT. (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new(ish) SNOT part

(...) I'm no trainhead, but I love that piece! Just used those to attach the fins on my Sea Monkey Angelfish. Sean (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Mathis Train Poster at digitalbricks

(...) I did hesitate to make this poster with a black background. I had seen a large train poster with good drawings (not LEGO) that Steve Barile has. It has a black background, and I thought that it looked elegant, as if backed with black velvet (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  new(ish) SNOT part

I've not seen this part (URL)*part used in any trains before (I didn't know it existed before I looked at my new 4404). While I know trainheads aren't the only users of SNOT I would say there is high requirement for very compact SNOT structures and (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Mathis Train Poster at digitalbricks

(...) I love it. So many beautiful MOC's, and all on one page. They look so good against the black background too. But I definitely won't be using the inkjet to print that. Yikes. Thanks for putting that together and sharing all those great MOC's (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  A nice F40PH

Here is a nice F40PH that captures the look of it really nicely: (URL) was nice and easy to build thanks to the clear instructions that Mr. Hayes included that I gave it a go a long time ago: (URL) thought I would showcase a nice example of a train (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Cantigny...The rest of the story.

The 1st midwest Lego show is history it was very sucessful. Planning has already begun for the 2nd! for the full story please visit: (URL) see all the show pics as well as a few pictures of Cantigny Park and their mechanised armor collection visit: (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: quick note on Ben's "beta" wheels

(...) Definitely flaged/blind/flanged, but I can't remember the spacing. I haven't modified the blind wheels for the new experimental closer spacing, so I think it's 5 studs between wheels. I'll probably end up re-de-flanging (John make new word!) (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: quick note on Ben's "beta" wheels

(...) Hey, thanks for the update! Nothing beats field trials! What's your current blind/flanged configuration? Still going flange/blind/flange to get the 8 stud total spacing, or something different? (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  quick note on Ben's "beta" wheels

I rebuilt my 'Challenger' (for about the 20th time) to use the drive wheels designed by Ben Fleskes. The GMLTC had our layout setup at the Jackson Street Roundhouse in St. Paul, so I finally got a chance to try out the Challenger with the new (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Mathis Train Poster at digitalbricks

(...) Had a look through it on screen, scrolling across and then down, didn't want there to be an end. Although I've seen a lot of these before to see them all together is great. Now all I need is for everyone in my department to go home early so I (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Mathis Train Poster at digitalbricks

(...) Thanks! (...) Now, in light of a the UP logo use (which I didn't use), I am left to wonder if UP would hammer me for use of the Union Pacific name and livery. Uh, oh! (...) That NJ Transit design started with some excellent design study work (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Union Pacific Trademark Battle

(...) Plus they're very unfriendly to wannabee licensees and train clubs that want to use fallen flag tribute heralds. I have some personal experience dealing with UP and find them not to be the most fan friendly by any means (or vendor friendly (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First pictures from Cantigy

(URL) alot, I really appreciate you showing the shot of my mecha :) Also, the rest of the shots from the show are great, i love the acme bricks one!!! (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Union Pacific Trademark Battle

(...) Wow. Dunno if this is more for o.t-d, but here's something-- If a company doesn't protect the trademarks related to their particular company right from day 1, and many years have passed, doesn't history show that they give up said trademarks-- (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Union Pacific Trademark Battle

I read in the San Fransisco Chronicle this morning that UP is planning on charging for the use of their logo, INCLUDING any fallen flags for lines that UP has taken over. (URL) Kenny Paul (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train layout

(...) Hi Philippe, Modified switch + motor + clutch + gear rack: (URL) one behind the shed is without motor on the photo. I don't have any detailed photos of it. Basicly it is made of a clutch and a wedge belt wheel on the same axle. The wheel turns (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  First pictures from Cantigy

The Northern Illinois Lego Train Club welcomes all to the Cantigny Lego show. With four operating train layouts and other displays this is the largest Lego show ever to hit the midwest! If you can join us on Sunday please do! Pictures from Saturday (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Mathis Train Poster at digitalbricks

"Tim David" <talltim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HpI60K.DAG@lugnet.com... (...) poster (...) (that (...) but (...) message on (...) Hi, Sorry for the error. I have corrected it now. Jeroen (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact