 Trains / *2277 (-20)
  Anyone built a curved bridge?

It's that time of the year again for me to start planning my Christmas train layout and one idea that hit me was a curved bridge. I've been thinking of using a simple 90' arc with no straight rails between the curved to extend the arc length. I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  anyone convert 7862 decoupler to 9V?

Hi, I was playing around with a recently acquired 7862 12V remote controlled decoupler, and was wondering if I could see how other people have fared with this set. The obvious negative, is that it needs the old fashioned magnets (5066)with the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My TGV

(...) can (...) I didn't do it for realism, I did it because it works well and makes the train much easier to assemble on the track. But my main goal was zero clearance between the coaches when travelling on a straight and that it achieves. Actually (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My TGV

(...) Matt, your TGV is just awesome. All the latest passenger trains are EXCELLENT- I only wish every one had all the disk space and camera equipment they could want so we all could see the latest variations. I got to see Dave V's TGV at the PNLTC (...) (25 years ago, 25-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My TGV

Matthew Bates: (...) coupling? It looks like it takes much more space, and I don't think the TGV can be split anyway. Has anybody tried to model the X2000? I got a good look at it while I was travelling in Sweden summer, and I believe it should be (...) (25 years ago, 25-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  My TGV

Here's my interpretation of the TGV (URL) could still do with a bit of work and some better photos but Steve Barile was dying to see my progress. It uses my spring-loaded close-coupled articulation that Steve mentioned. Matt (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New question/challenge...

I have never seen/recognized a 9V piece for that purpose. But you can use the middle wheels from the 12V motor and fit them into the holes on the side of the 9V motor. I suspect that TLG put the holes there to eventually offer spare wheels, but (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  New question/challenge...

Okay, so I'm looking at my old 12 volt train motor, and it's got two drive wheels per side and a hole in between each of them to add a third wheel. And my 12v set included these extra wheels so that I have the option of adding them, or not. Now I'm (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pics of the finished commuter train

Yea, I've seen this puppy in person. (Both the real MAX train and Steve's model.) It is really well done. It looks incredible. The narrow windows match the doors of the real MAX quite well. The overall look of the model really captures the feel of (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  More WWF pics on PNLTC site

Hi All, Come see the two new sub pages from the latest PNLTC show (WWF) in the Seattle area. The new sub pages are Wild West and City Europa. These are shot with a Kodak 260 dig-cam. The pics are stunning (even at half their native resolution). (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pics of the finished commuter train

(...) BOB and my TGV use yellow round cross section rubber bands. later, James Mathis (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6 x 22 train base plate

Thanks for that Mark, after sifting through the bag of parts I found ALL of the parts to build the complete engine including the 4.5v motor. Mark Harrison <harro1@one.net.au> wrote in message news:37E8A401.C057E3....net.au... (...) red (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  An idea to try

Ben Fleskes idea: (...) the (...) I was curious what it would take to actually build such a thing and here is what I came up with using Track Designer. Requirements: 60 Straight Track 9 Cross Track 72 Curved Track Area: 9'2" x 5'1" Picture of (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pics of the finished commuter train

Thanks for all the kind words. James I have had my EP2 together for at least a year and haven't fatigued the rubberbands yet. This includes the PDX GATs and the current Toy store layout. Are you using the black square cross section ones or the round (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pics of the finished commuter train

(...) Steve, MAX is beautiful! Very well done. Wish I could have scheduled my trip to Seattle later just to see MAX! Go for brick springs for the coupler! As BOB proved at the WWF show, the LEGO rubber bands can fatigue and break: very bad. Very (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pics of the finished commuter train

Seems to be working now, just visited it. Larry, your right, it is AWESOME. Good job Steve!! I think I'll take a break from my scenery projects and work on some trains. Tom (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train shows

John, you must drive like a banshee!!! I'm west of Milw, WI. and it takes me 6 hours to drive to St. Paul Mpls area. I've done it in 5.. though I was booking big time... Of course.. last time I did it the speed limit was 55.. though I was doing 65 (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New pics of the finished commuter train

I did not have a lot of luck with this link... this time. It's the same link you posted before so must just be the net. People, if you get an error, keep trying later, if the final is anything like the prelim shots, this is gonna be AWESOME. (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  New pics of the finished commuter train

Hi All, Well, I finally got the pics up of the completed MAX. (URL) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

  NGLTC at the Greenberg Toy Show

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club will be presenting at the North Atlanta Trade Center, on October 2-3. We are having a layout of about 18'x 12'. This time we will have a nice digital camera on hand, so we can finally get some pictures up on our (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact