 Trains / *22480 (-20)
  Re: Grip tyres for 12V trains

(...) Jan-Albert (*), when you say "inner tyre" do you mean the tube? (bike tyres have a tube, that is a rubber doughnut with a valve, containing compressed air). I ask it because racing bikes mostly use tubular (tubeless) tyres, which are a kind of (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Grip tyres for 12V trains

(...) Last year during a German Muelheim event, somebody from France showed how he made grip tires by cutting bicycle tires. The racing bike tires are very small and fit perfect. I'm sure a bike repair shop would be happy to give you some used inner (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Match Made in Heaven

Hey Brad Hamilton: When I saw this pic you posted on Brickshelf...: (URL) I immediately thought to myself that that train was perfectly designed to fit in with the style of Bricktopia! Heck, now that I think about it, the new train station could fit (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4512- thoughts

Nice quickie review, James. I know it makes me look forward to getting it. It is a bummer somewhat about the "click-hingification" of those parts you mentioned. A question though; does the red hopper-ish car have a rotating center? It looks like a (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDCC + LokSound = true

Hi Mark, Thanks for your answer. It works fine with the remote control. (...) This works fine for functions of type on/off, but for effect type of functions (like blowing the whistle on F2) the calls ldcc_function(1, 2, 1); and ldcc_function(1, 2, (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Grip tyres for 12V trains

I recently bought some 4.5V and 12V train parts, including two 80s 12V motors, but no grip tyres. The engines slip a lot with just a few cars (mostly the steel axle trainbases from the 70s) Does someone know a good alternative for grip tyres. I (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  4512- thoughts

I've gotten my first copy of 4512, and are reasonably impressed with it. As others have noted, the box showes 1/2 straights, but the set doesn't include them :(. The loco isn't too bad (fairly close to that of 4564, but not the same). New snowplow (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roller Doors into a Baggage Car

(...) <snipped loads of description; a good read> Excellent execution to this challenging design. I don't have the time right now to discuss. Gotta run. But, that gives me some time to think about working from you mods. Thanks! later, James Mathis (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roller Doors into a Baggage Car

James Mathis wrote: > Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to investigate this > construction, finding and reporting its real-brick faults, and > tackling some corrective design approaches. No problem - it's fun! >> The channels created by the 2x1 (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trainshed version 2.0

(...) Hello Alastair, Your original post was clear and I appreciate the feedback. I added the reply to point out a detail that is not very clear in the pictures I posted. I actually considered glassing in the grills but thought a little ventilation (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

"TWS Garrison" <tgarrisBASSo@ISmath...urdue.edu> wrote in message [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Here are the instructions for the NCLTC container too: (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

(...) Thanks Larry and Thomas for the imput. I'll start building this weekend. Brian (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

(...) I personally am not so keen on the use of the 4x4 plate on top, I think it best to mimic the stud/no stud configuration of the original 4x8 partly studded plate, as we did, although it increases consumption of 1xN tiles. However this is NOT a (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Did I miss something? What is so intresting about a 1/2-track segment???

hi! Here is a layout that puzzled me as a child. It took me some time to accept that they seemed to have cheated. (URL) and rebuild this in Track Designer. It won't work. Have a look at the level crossing at the right and the track to the top of the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

(...) here: (URL) TWS Garrison (URL) capital letters in address for direct reply. (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

(...) Go with the standard container height, that's what everyone else did. see, for example, set 4549: (URL) specifically this page: (URL) containers do NOT have to use the expensive parts, such as the 4x8 partly studded plate, thinwalls and (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Roller Doors into a Baggage Car

(...) Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to investigate this construction, finding and reporting its real-brick faults, and tackling some corrective design approaches. (...) Oooh, 1/2-brick length change. Maybe going for two side-by-side roll up (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Revision: BF 2003 LTC Container swap call for participation

(...) I'd like to get in on the container swap, representing the IndyLUG club. Just let me know how many containers we'll need to build and bring. I see that the footprint is 4x8 but how many bricks tall are the contaniers? Brian (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Trainshed version 2.0

(...) The original REALLY doesn't accept 8-wides. Of course, like yours, it accepts the 6-wides with railings, etc, but a true 8-wide... (URL) exceedingly tight squeeze, indeed. :^) -Stefan- (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roller Doors into a Baggage Car

(...) It's a great idea, but needs refining. I've tried building it, and there are a few problems. The channels created by the 2x1 panels have too much freedom - the door can slide left and right in a 10 wide, but the garage door won't fit in 9 wide (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact