 Trains / *2087 (-20)
  Re: Train doors and windows

(...) So, in other words, If I want to buy the items rather than participate in the auction, I have to put up $500? I'm just trying to figure out how I'd go about getting items I want. :) Jeff (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train doors and windows

A consortium is being assembled. Stuff will be sold at one price within the consortium. To make allowances for people wanting more, or less, parts than the dollar amount they invested, that price will be at a markup from cost. Whatever parts are (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train doors and windows

(...) I just want to straighten some things out in my mind. Are you planning on ordering a bunch of these pieces and then selling them, or are you going to take prepaid orders? If you aren't going to take prepaid orders, can we send a pledge of, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote switching points

It really is a shame that Lego no longer makes all the nifty automated light, switch and crossing components. I first saw these in the 1980 European catalog ((URL) , which I still have :). My mom brought it over from a trip to Germany. I was stunned (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote switching points

(...) *snip* Christian - You're on the right track (pun) here...my best results for a remotely automated point were to implement a system similar to what you described. I used a 1x6? black technic linking plate to do this - that's the kind with (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Remote switching points

Has anyone tried to automate a point by directly laying a worm (screw) gear on the grey plastic (removing the yellow switch handle)? It seems that that'd work well. I suppose that you'd have to worry about stopping, but if they are switched via a (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Silly train voltage question...

Steve Demlow wrote in message ... (...) Sounds like a good solution. Maybe I will use the extra battery box I have from my Technic motor set. I can fill it with rechargeable AA's and let my son go to town (so to speak). Thanks! Eric (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Silly train voltage question...

(...) Yes, it is pretty easy to build a small housing from standard bricks/plates (and maybe a tile) that firmly holds the contact prongs of a 4.5/12V wire against the leads of a 9V conducting plate. Steve (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train doors and windows

(...) I'd be interested. Doors and train windows are always wanted. And the boxcar doors and rails....I need to look this up somewhere. Dang. I need time too. Ciao! (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Silly train voltage question...

  Re: Silly train voltage question...

I've tried some of the 12V accesories with a 9V regulator, and most work OK--the lights certainly did. I think the exception was the motorized stuff (the automatic crossing, 7866); only one of the gates would work as I recall. Also, I don't think (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Silly train voltage question...

(...) Hi, welcome to train the 9-12V regulator? are you talking the black and yellow think that come with 9V trains? feeding light with this regulator is "feasable", you'll have to make a wire to connect to old 12V connector with the new 9V one (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Silly train voltage question...

I am a Technic addict, whose son recently became WILD with exitement over the trains. We recently found some 12V accessories such as lights. I was wondering if they work with the "9-12V" Speed Regulator (it actually says 9 to 12V)? If not, how does (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train doors and windows

Sorry, I wasn't trying to ask what people wanted I was just curious about how many people were talking with Christer, and if anyone who posts to this group knew Christer since I had not seen him around before. Christopher (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train doors and windows

No more posts on this topic please. I don't want to go into too much detail but I have strong reason to believe the following to be true (am I certain? No. but I have strong reason) - This is a legitimate thing. Someone within TLG has received (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  train doors and windows

I'm interested in buying some of these parts also. Is it asking to much to include 2972 (grey) to the list? (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train doors and windows

Hello All, I am very interested in ordering train windows and doors, however I too was waiting to see if someone was going to start taking requests. Graham Markay (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train doors and windows

I would also be interested in buying several train doors and windows. I am not familiar with the piece numbers but I have been looking through the recommended web page: (URL) that page I have found the 4181, 4182, 4033, 4035, 4511 parts. Does anyone (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train doors and windows

Christopher, Like Frank, I was waiting for this to be confirmed as "the real deal" before I pursued it. But, I am interested if someone makes the pieces available. Thanks, Steve (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Transitional piece construction

(...) Hi again, had a better idea you still need to make to insulated joint but at each joint you only need to put scoth tape on one side of the track: see the other ascii art trial | | A | | | = -> insulation | | | | | | middle section | | = |-> (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact