 Trains / 2014
Re: Silly train voltage question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:33:45 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Rose Regner writes:
I am a Technic addict, whose son recently became WILD with exitement over
the trains. We recently found some 12V accessories such as lights. I was
wondering if they work with the "9-12V" Speed Regulator (it actually says 9
to 12V)? If not, how does one power them??

Thanks!
Eric

Hi, welcome to train

the 9-12V regulator? are you talking the black and yellow think that come with
9V trains?

feeding light with this regulator is "feasable", you'll have to make a wire to
connect to old 12V connector with the new 9V one (easy to do just cut the 2
wire, skin the conductor and make tie together the cupper wire, put some
insulation over and voila). But one important draw back is that the light will
not shine, it would be like using a dimmer to reduce a 100W bulb power. Other
element like automatic switch might not work well or not at all, the electrical
element are build for 12V not 9V, just like your able to push a car but not a
45 feet truck