 Trains / 2020
2019  |  2021
Subject:
Remote switching points
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 01:32:53 GMT

Has anyone tried to automate a point by directly laying a worm (screw)
gear on the grey plastic (removing the yellow switch handle)?  It seems
that that'd work well.

I suppose that you'd have to worry about stopping, but if they are
switched via a manual switch remotely, just don't grind the legos!

The only other stuff I have though of are "impure" and involve hiding my
impurity via lego.  Though this isn't necessily a bad idea if you
impliment a cookie cutter design on plywood anyway...

Frankly, the fact that all these cool features that existed for the 12v
trains is gone, irks me....

Has anyone figured out a "standard" way to interface lego electronics with
non-lego train stuff with out slicing and dicing expensive lego wire
connectors?

I need a second transformer for house lighting, but I'm thinking that I
don't want to dish out for 100% lego lighting.  Plus I can buy LED's that
are brighter and longer lasting than a lego lamp.

Ciao!

--
"Well, given that the universe is infinite, and that God is infinite, and that God created the universe, (pause) would you like a piece of toast?"
--Talkie Toaster (Red Dwarf episode: Dimension Jump)

The Doctor What: Second Baseman                  http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC