 Trains / *1617 (-20)
  metroliner to monorail conversion

Has anyone tried converting a 4558 to monorail tracks? The biggest problem I have is the turning radius on the monorail tracks is too tight. KL (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Zany Brainy Train Sale July 15-? (several days)

The new ZB in Whitehall had their grand opening today, the store opened Monday. They have (had) the big UFO set with the Fiber Optic System on sales for $29, but they sold em all out. The manager said for the short term, since they were out, they'd (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

I specifically asked if LEGO trains were included in this sale and I was told "no, only Thomas and Brio are on sale". I actually got to look at the sale notebook and there were no LEGO items in it! Mike Frank Filz wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: Zany Brainy Train Sale July 15-? (several days)

(...) You may or may not be entitled to a refund, I don't know store policy. Even if you're not ENTITLED, you may be able to wheedle one anyway. Depends. I like ZB a lot, I bet they will. I feel wheedling is OK, it's the manager's call whether to (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: Zany Brainy Train Sale July 15-? (several days)

Grrrrr.... I just purchased a 4565 at full price... Well, actually, I saved up enough American Express Member Rewards points and got a $50 Zany Brainy gift certificate so my 4565 was not necessarily full price... Bryan Frank Filz (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Zany Brainy Train Sale July 15-? (several days)

Note sure if this sale is local to the Raleigh NC store or a general Zany Brainy event. They are having a train sale next week. Since the clerk mentioned it when I was buying Lego sets, I assume that any train related item they sell will be on sale. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: got my first train

(...) <huge snip> (...) if you what a 4559, I can buy one for you at about 100$US[1] + shipping from Canada (~~12$US probably) there is a regulator in it [1] they are 15% off this week Martin (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  windows (strange colored )

...Oops that was meant for /train In the 7777 there are both gray and black 1x2x2 70's style windows. Does any actually have any of these. I would love to get 6 of each to make more diesels in different color schemes. Also a slightly different note. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  New A4 pics

Just updated my page with a new version of the British A4 with a better wheel system. (URL) click Lego... Trains... Then A4 Prototype. I dont know if this will be the final implementaion, so its still considered a prototype. Suggestions, comments, (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: got my first train

Christopher, I think John Neal hit the "nail on the head" with his advice. Like Larry P., I'm not sure I'd pay full retail price for an additional speed regulator. After all, you already own a speed regulator from 4559, and I'm not sure you even (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: got my first train

<frank f's recommendations on what to buy to get started> Skip the speed regulator. Post in market.buy-sell-trade that you want one and you'll get lots of offers. I have a few surplus and will sell used ones for 36 including shipping within the US (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: got my first train

Call 9-1-1, you've been bitten badly!;-) All seriousness aside, welcome to the world of trainstrainstrains! It's great to see such enthusiasm and excitement over our little hobby. Here's some advice I'd give to a "rookie" who is just starting out: (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: got my first train

(...) I started with one of each of: 4559 Cargo Railway 4565 Freight & Crane Railway 3225 Classic Train 2126 Train Cars I then added: 2nd 4559 Cargo Railway (1) 2nd 4565 Freight & Crane Railway (2) 2nd 3225 Classic Train (3) 2 4555 Freight Loading (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  got my first train

Here's my story. I wanted a Lego train since I first saw the twelve volt trains many years ago. I never had them, but my dad is a model railroader, formerally HO but now N scale, so I had a lot of railroading experience growing up. Last week, I was (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4560-4561 Gaaaaahh!

(...) <snip> No! no! no! 4561 are Martin (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Purity and Re: Permanent outdoor train

(...) be (...) no (...) On thing that might deture you from using your LEGO trains outside. Is that the motor might get gunked up. In other words get a lot of dirt in the motor. If you look this site (URL) it mentions that they used 12v trains but (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Purity and Re: Permanent outdoor train

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but this brings up an important point: is anything/method that any LL does to display a model considered "pure"? It seems unlikely that in laying track in LL Carlsbad that TLG actually made track but rather (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: New MOC:TGV in Orange

Like the Crystal Scavenger, the predecessor Crystal Crawler 6145 has two of these as well. -- dave (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4560-4561 Gaaaaahh!

4560 are available in canada? Standing request, if anyone sees 4560s at Zeddys or other discounters for a net cost of 70 USD or less each including tax but not shipping, I want 3... Thanks! Terrible set but some good parts. Frank Filz wrote: <larry (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: 4560-4561 Gaaaaahh!

Martin Legault wrote in message ... (...) Oops, I meant 4560, the one without the controller... Frank (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact