 Trains / *12109 (-20)
  PNLTC at Legoland, CA

We are proud to announce that PNLTC will be setting up their best layout ever at Legoland, CA on Aug 4 & 5 (Sat/Sun). Many of the members will be there and we invite everyone to come down and check it out! The current plan is to be located on the (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: My Cable Car (Trolley)

"Dean Husby" <nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote in message news:3B034103.98C102...a.bc.ca... (...) ;) Iain (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motor control

(...) from (...) might (...) power (...) (like (...) a (...) separately. The an RCX output would act as an electronic switch. This is primarily intended to avoid running down the RCX batteries. Does anyone know how long it takes a train motor to run (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  My Cable Car (Trolley)

I've finally put up the pictures of my Cable Car that I did last year... (URL) For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

(...) I build European prototype equipment, and to me 6 wide is just fine. I don't strive for lifelike realism in my MOC's, for this is one of the reasons I left N scale to begin with. The NMRA (and NEM) is full of those persons who wish to achieve (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motor control

(...) I did this exact thing quite a while ago. I have some pics the motor at (URL) ran this on the PNLTC's worlds longest Track record Breaking layout. I used a Mindstorms Remote to control it. The pics show it in red but I converted it to yellow. (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) A battery box might be a bit too much weight, but you're more than welcome to try. The train does not have to use magnetic coupling (actually the Green Machine has a ball and socket connection, and one of my newer trains doesn't have a true (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) Use a battery box to light the lights. This has the advantage of adding some weight too, which could be useful. So the unit has to be seperable at some point? Or does it have to use a magnetic coupling? Or does it just need to be some number (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

Bryan Kinkel <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message news:GDDvG2.Lrv@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) there (...) a (...) my (...) 6 studs is the standard and I like to stick to that too. But in between they can be both 5 and 7 wide to fit (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motor control

Noh tere! Jason J. Railton <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:GDDJD1.J0K@lugnet.com... (...) as (...) 9V motors are quite easy to disassamble and reassamble, all you need is a screw driver. I guess that is clear by now. And yes there is a (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Platform/Harbor Base available again

(...) You're absolutely right Eric, the main page at S@H for this item doesn't state any numbers, but the enlarged image does. I just didn't notice this. Greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: event "champions"...

Well if you build your train right you can get away with "just gunning it". If it's too light then you do get a lot of wheel spin, of course too heavy and you slow the train down. And yes there is a width limit, I failed to mention that in my (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: event "champions"...

WOW! That is terrific! I love it!! I am impressed with the technology too! I would assume part of the skill is not just gunning it full speed on the green light, but rather quickly working up to speed for better traction. Oh and I assume with your (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Private for Larry P.

(...) Roger that, I saw and replied... (...) FUT off-topic.test... but let me say this, if Bryan has some good stuff for me, what is already a nifty app will be even niftier! (go look in market if you want to see what it's all about) So it's not a (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.test)

  Re: cramming details into 6 studs

Thanks to everyone for the ideas. I'm still not sure how I will do the ends with the correct window details. As I mentioned before, a set of gray 2x3 windows would do the trick. But I don't have a slew of Metroliners. So I might settle on stickers (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Private for Larry P.

Larry - my email is down. *But I got the JS working.* I will email you when my #%@! email server is back up. -- Bryan sorry for the waste of bandwidth in lugnet.trains. (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train motor(s?)

(...) At least he is aktive there in the new auction house: his name is "lar". (...) Muelheim (...) Ok, I deleted that picture and have uploaded it under new name... Sorry I really was of the opinion it was yours, Frank.... Regards, Ben (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train motor(s?)

(...) Ein bischen. (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V train motor(s?)

(...) (URL) Larry, do you post/read there? (URL) ) (...) Yup, except that the train in that picture is not mine (I don't know who owns the train in the picture)... The trains in this picture are mine: (URL) the back (right side) of the picture you (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James Mathis are you there?

(...) I'm going with my railroad's Blue & Grey (mostly all of mine are posted here, and mostly all in B&G < (URL) >) (...) Well I'll see what i get. Josh (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact