 Trains / *12014 (-20)
  Re: Elevated Subway pix

I would enjoy seeing more detailed pictures of the El train in Jonathan's layout! Bryan "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:GD2rJy.3G4@lugnet.com... (...) more (...) from (...) it's (...) and (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Elevated Subway pix

(...) Very nice. From the green and white train in this picture: (URL) I take that you are modeling Boston's El? Chicago's certainly is more well known, but you have done an excellent job of capturing the feel of El from my remembrances of the El in (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide passenger train online! / wheel ring info II

(...) The guy with the big metal wheel rings for the Thatcher Perkins type wheels has asked me to post his address here (he has never posted to lugnet). You can reach him under this mail: stv@fgan.de His nick ist "Rat" and his real name "Stefan (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Subway photos

(...) Ooh, yeah, we at the GMLTC are right in the middle of building our subway, as am I with my home layout:-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Subway photos

A while back, someone had asked about getting subway photos for a project they were working on. I have been taking the digital camera to work to photograph the subway stops and some of the trains. I am going to try to get some interior shots of some (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Can't get to LEGO.com

(...) Nope, I simply cannot get to LEGO.com in any way, shape, or form. Every request times out. I don't know enough about the way the 'net works to guess as to why this is, but when I ping lego.com the name does resolve to a numerical address (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show of hands

(...) Large green with tender - got that two weeks ago. Now I have a small brown with tender too. It had to be the biggest one first - best value for money, even if all you want is the parts. Add up the cost of a wagon kit, plus buffers and wheels (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: POV picture of my SERIE16 locomotive on 9v straight track

Ludo, I have tried to download the .dat instructions, but the download says I don't have "permission". I'd like to see the instructions. Thanks for the correct link, Ahui! later, James Mathis (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: POV picture of my SERIE16 locomotive on 9v straight track

Here is the correct link for the image (URL) Herrera Very Nice rendering Ludo (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: POV picture of my SERIE16 locomotive on 9v straight track

(...) Ludo, you gave us the wrong link. I too look forward to seeing your model as well. -Harvey (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: POV picture of my SERIE16 locomotive on 9v straight track

(...) Looking forward to seeing it! later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  POV picture of my SERIE16 locomotive on 9v straight track

Hi, For the interested ones, here's a link to my Serie16 Belgian locomotive standing on the *** 9v straight track ***. (URL) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bridge Building Questions

(...) We found a picture in a book on bridges. There was only the one picture, in the 'down' position. We took a pencil and drew arcs on the picture (from all the pivot points) to figure out how all the moving pieces worked. It was a very popular (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show of hands

I got mine yesterday. A large black with tender. Haven't had a chance to build it yet. Looks nice though. I have never been a huge fan of steam engines myself though. I would probably pop if they would go this same route with some diesel engines. I (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New 8-wide passenger train online! /wheel ring infos

(...) Hi all, some people have experienced with these big spoked wheels without rims. (URL) Michael Schian cut of just one of the two flanges of the wheel to get a train wheel. (URL) now Holger used the unmodified wheels plus a metal train wheel (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Can't get to LEGO.com

(...) Hi Matt, try this link: (URL) this for all 5 colours: (URL) should be able to look at the pictures on www.lego.com without any java rubbish then. Otherwise you might try it on my page: (URL) Regards, Ben (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Can't get to LEGO.com

Geez, Everybody's talking about these cool new trains but for some reason I haven't been able to get to LEGO.com - it just times out. I've tried every day for a week now. I'm travelling in New Zealand and am on a cheesy dialup - which may have (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bridge Building Questions

(...) Indeed. We always have multiple bridges connecting tables at all PNLTC shows. Another, similar idea is to build a table lower than the adjacent table, creating an opportunity for a rampless bridge. Any good model railroading book will confirm (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Show of hands

(...) Not exactly... I suspect it has less to do with like/dislike, and more to do with existing resources. Personally, I think the black and blue engines both look quite sharp, but the colored parts that make them unique already exist in my (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advice needed...

(...) I'm not sure what blue 12V track sells for but I know it's not worth a small fortune. The trains are far more expensive than the track. (...) I agree, it's only fun to have a 12V track if you have a lot of the remote controlled pieces. If you (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact