 Trains / *11094 (-20)
  Re: Old whistle train on ebay

(...) Hi Sonnich, I have both types of the whistle controlled trains. Set: 118 (drives in just one direction - same as 139A) and set: 138 (same as 139 wich has a IC and drives forward and backward). I got the 139A a sealed in box and it works fine (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Large Buildings?

"Duane Hess" <DNJHESS@ZDNETMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:GA9D6C.Btx@lugnet.com... (...) so (...) Take a look at my Metro Terminus (URL) is 3x2 48 stud baseplates floor area, and uses same baseplates for roof regards lawrence (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

Well, I have 64 of the white panels now (and I still have about 20 of the R2D2s & C3P0s after giving some to my daughters class). Brasso and Toothpaste and Goof-Off all took too long and left me with a headache. The hand sander with a light grit did (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

(...) <snip> (...) Nice work. If you like that sort of thing (8 wide... :-) ) or even if you don't! Thanks for sharing these. Tell us about the sanding! Did you consider using Brasso like everyone else seems to? Do you think you took much actual (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Tank Car Mania Continues

I finally managed to finish the detail on my two versions of the tank car. The first version is a standard grey tank car using 7106 Droid Escape Pod parts. The grey car is three "pod segements" long. The second car uses the same set but the white (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Royal Train Website

Stephen, Thanks again for the compliments. I don't look at Lego models as an end unto themselves, but rather as props for building scenes. Many of the buildings are false fronts or partial builds. Here's a photograph of the Downtown Winterthur scene (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: 12v Connectors

Jonathan, The copper-like material that you refer to is called "phospher bronze". It is used for applications like motor brushes and machines well. Good luck with you're replacement plans. -BMW (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) Ah, but the WC is great, as long as your not ripping things off, or getting in the way! Josh (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) Nope. The -2 means that the electrics/electronics (the control gear) is based on circuit boards, that are individually replaceable and more reliable than the older control gear. Most dash 2 models were new builds, rather than rebuilds. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

And for more... My Favorite train site: (URL) off, the EMD SD's and other 6 axles... SD7, high nose: (URL) curved roof, curved fuel tank, little Dynamic Brake housing (angled vent half way along the long hood). SD9: (URL) Curved roof, curved tank, (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) Ah. Yes, it does. It's called the "builder's plate" and if you can find it and read it you'll know a lot about the locomotive. (who built it, what model it is, when it was built) However, railfans (not GOOD railfans) have been known to prise (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer (was: 'Dog Bone' - definition)

(...) So is there any active development? I for one would like to see a Linux version, and would be able to provide some help in porting it. Is that a possibility? ROSCO (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

This'll be long: EMD, has an angled cab roof, and a 6 axle EMD is a SD, and a 4 axle EMD is a GP. GE, has a rounded cab roof (with the exception of the Dash 9, AC4400, and AC6000, i'll explain them later), a 6 axle is a C, and 4 is a B. EMD has (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Large Buildings?

I am currently working on a large vehicle project, but I don't want my minifgs exposed to the elements. Does anyone have any links to websites or pictures of large buildings constructed out of LEGO bricks? I am thinking along the lines of large (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Still time to enter the LEGO Train Contest

(...) For all those interested, PLEASE DO. <snip> Hi Jake. Thanks for bringing this up. Please don't consider this post an attempt to rain on TLC's parade because I'm not writing to that end. I'm not beating up on you either. In fact, I'm glad you (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Wheels

(...) block in 2x4x1 (...) standard Basic (...) wheels best out of (...) Thanks Ben ! Michael Pratt (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How the heck do I find out what model that engine I see going by is?

(...) Thanks for the responses, folks. Unfortunately, the answer is what I suspected: "you can't". :/ My level of interest isn't up to the whole slogging through photos thing yet, whether they're photos in a book, or photos on a website. You'd think (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A question about Insulation between tracks

In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford writes: <snip> You are correct, sir. Thank you for clearing up that misconception! ++Lar (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First MOC Posting

These are great models. Thanks for posting pics! later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New web page

(...) I thought the fuel truck was interesting. Stretched and low like that, it reminded me of the kind you see at airports carrying Jet A. ++Lar (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact