 Town / 942
Re: How do a build a mountain?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 23:40:51 GMT

In lugnet.town, James J. Trobaugh writes:
We have a Styrofoam mountain in the NGLTC layout. Its made from the sheets
of pink home installation, Great stuff foam and a thin layer of sheetrock
putty (for texture). Also a few clone blocks were added as rocks to the
mountain to give it some LEGO kind of look. It works great and is very light
weight. I'm thinking of painting it a different color, it's kind of a
southwestern look currently. It has a flat top, and some flat ledges plus
room for a train track to go around the mountain. You can see some pictures
at:

http://www.ngltc.org/GRNBRG1999/Mvc-495x.jpg
http://www.ngltc.org/novgats/pics/image7.htm
http://www.ngltc.org/novgats/pics/image42.htm
http://www.ngltc.org/novgats/pics/image43.htm
http://www.ngltc.org/novgats/pics/image44.htm

WOW!  Now that is a GORGEOUS mountain.  I mean, no offense, but I wouldn't
paint a mountain yellow.  However, if that was brown, gray, and any other
color it would look absolutely perfect.  I'm sure it's extremely easy for you
to describe it in e-mail, but I don't think I could EVER make a mountain that
looks as good as that one.  The flat top is absolutely perfect, the texture is
even better, and the realism is the best I have ever seen.  I'm sure there
isn't a step by step process to making this is there?

Brendan