 Town / 859
Re: How do a build a mountain?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 08:51:33 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

You can build your own mountain, that way you can have it flat at the top and
have caves and other things. If you build it with newspapers and then cover them
with a thivk layer of plaster, you can then file the plaster flat and paint it.
Perhaps you'd like to add some texture too. The problem is, it won't look as
good as the ones you can buy in stores (I don't know how good *you* are, but I
made a mountain for a model railroad that looked *good*, but not fantastic.).

I made a space-scene once to shoot my space-models in:
m1.876.telia.com/~u87609425/hugo/index.html
Perhaps it helps.

BTW, what's wrong with styrofoam?

--Tobias

In lugnet.town, Brendan Coughlin writes:
Hi everyone.  Well, there are no houses on eBay right now that I can bid on so
I am going to start planning for the next section of my suburb...the
mountain.  I was thinking I could make the mountain out of non-Lego elements.
Thus, getting a model railroad mountain.  However, to my realization, these
stupid things are made out of styrofoam.  That just won't work.  Not to
mention, it will probably have to be a flat top.  I want to put Rocky River
Retreat up on the top, followed by a blue tinfoil waterfall leading to Jackson
Lake (Temporary name).  The only problem is, I don't know how to go about
making a good looking mountain.  Should I use BURP's?  Should I keep looking
for rail road mountains for a more realistic look??  Any help would be great.
Thanks a lot.  :-)

Brendan
Duck360198@aol.com