 Town / 857
Re: How do a build a mountain?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 01:58:11 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.town, Brendan Coughlin writes:
Hi everyone.  Well, there are no houses on eBay right now that I can bid on so
I am going to start planning for the next section of my suburb...the
mountain.  I was thinking I could make the mountain out of non-Lego elements.
Thus, getting a model railroad mountain.  However, to my realization, these
stupid things are made out of styrofoam.  That just won't work.  Not to
mention, it will probably have to be a flat top.  I want to put Rocky River
Retreat up on the top, followed by a blue tinfoil waterfall leading to Jackson
Lake (Temporary name).  The only problem is, I don't know how to go about
making a good looking mountain.  Should I use BURP's?  Should I keep looking
for rail road mountains for a more realistic look??  Any help would be great.
Thanks a lot.  :-)
At PNLTC there's a mountain that's kinda like you want:
http://pnltc.org/WWF0999/MountainScene/Gal_SEA_WWF_0999_mountain_scene.html .
And Jacob Sparre Andersen made a dat
file of a big mountain: http://hugin.ldraw.org/temp/mouser_x.dat .
Alan