 Town / 879
Re: How do a build a mountain?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:22:53 GMT

Yes, and I wouldn't mind generating one to whatever specs
you have - even flat tops and vertical surfaces for
"drilling" tunnels.

Play well,

Jacob

Well, you're really going to get two different looking designs if you make a
mountain out of Lego's, and a mountain out of plaster.  First of all, with
Lego bricks, you will get a lot of jagged edges which is perfect for a
mountain.  You can add bricks anywhere you want.  However, with using lego's,
you're still taking away the realism of a mountain.  I mean look at the water
on my website.  Blue tinfoil worked PERFECTLY.  I couldn't get that realistic
look with blue lego pieces.  Not to mention, I don't have enough pieces for
making a mountain and buying the pieces will take a LOT of money.  This
mountain is going to end up being 3 feet long and probably about 1 and a half
feet wide.  The top is going to be a forest.  It's basically going to be a
cutaway because I want the mountain to look as though it continues on.  That's
why I'm leaning toward the plaster mountain, but I don't know how how I will
make it?  Will it be like a pinata and then go from there?  This will be a
very fun and interesting project, that's for sure.  :-)

Brendan