 Town / 689
  I just don't understand people on eBay...

What is up with some people? I am completely baffled by this one example. I'm starting to make my suburb and everything for my city, and of course, houses are a must. I bid on 3 6370's on eBay (and didn't get one) but there was one that was just in (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I just don't understand people on eBay...

(...) I saw those auctions too and couldn't understand it, but it all depends on how badly someone wants something and the bidders at the time. A Metro Park & Service Tower goes anywhere from $90 to $210. I paid $130 for one MISB (off of eBay). (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I just don't understand people on eBay...

(...) Are there any sets that never appear on ebay or when they do only sell for really expensive prices? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I just don't understand people on eBay...

(...) Okay,so I understand that it has been a LONG time since the last house came out. Actually, I shouldn't say that as the Velux house came out just recently. However, I would have to say $130 for a MISB Metro Park and Service Tower is a GREAT (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I just don't understand people on eBay...

(...) I always start one and never finish one (though I do have a generic website that has not been updated since June 1998). So, I will simply be taking the easy way out and posting the pics at Brickshelf. The galleries are already set up, all that (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

Mark Herzberg wrote in message ... (...) my (...) That was the biggest headache for me too. The stadium took up so much expensive land area that I had to turn the Town on it's side to accommodate it. The airport was originally going to go along the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I just don't understand people on eBay...

(...) I must say, your city sounds VERY nice. However, I couldn't help but pick this out. I'm sorry you paid $50 for the Riding Stable. If it wasn't for me, you would have had it for $16. As you see, I tried getting that set as well for my city. But (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I just don't understand people on eBay...

(...) I'll second Sanjay's opnion here, that the trains do take up a large amount of space. I would estimate that 1/3 of the area of my city is taken up with the trains. Not so much that physically they cover 1/3, but that for the rest of the city, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I just don't understand people on eBay...

(...) $51. (...) <nitpick mode> See? That's exactly what happens on eBay. People don't realize they might find another one of these sets later... You're complaining about this while you are actually doing the same thing... </nitpick mode> (Not to be (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I just don't understand people on eBay...

(...) I wound up in a bidding war for one auction, and it turned out the other guy only really had to have the instructions!!! So after I won I sold him the instructions (dupes to me) for $15. Ugh. (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I just don't understand people on eBay...

(...) Excuse me, but I am NOT doing the same thing. I was not prepared to pay a ridiculous price for a Lego. I think, for as neat and as old as this set is, I thought $50 was a great price. That is what I was willing to pay. And I didn't get it (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I just don't understand people on eBay...

(...) $51. (...) No hard feelings at all. It is not your fault at all, all you did was place a bid. It is a neat little set, though. However, I was sort of disapointed to open the box and see the set come assembled! I assume people ship LEGO sets (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I just don't understand people on eBay...

(...) (which I think is the funnest part about planning a LEGO city), I would like to place my 2150 and 4555 along the city edges. With track leading to nowhere. I will be dealing mainly with a monorail. There will be four stops. Airport, Downtown, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I just don't understand people on eBay...

(...) Let's form a trains-to-nowhere club. My train track goes under a bridge. The bridge is part of an important road that goes the breadth of my desk. Naturally the train track gets the short dimension. (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)