 Town / 705
Re: I just don't understand people on eBay...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 23:16:34 GMT

Originially I planned a train system (between my nephew and I we have six
passenger trains and four cargo trains), but it is just not very compatible
(in layout), so I'll see what will happen.

Trains and track again take up a lot of real estate.  I personally would
only stick to Monorails as they fit a town scheme perfectly.  I do however
hope to have a dummy railway ie have a Retrostation with the tracks leading
OUT of the city.

I'll second Sanjay's opnion here, that the trains do take up a large amount of
space.  I would estimate that 1/3 of the area of my city is taken up with the
trains.  Not so much that physically they cover 1/3, but that for the rest of
the city, I have to arrange it around the trains and what I want to do with the
trains.

However, they do add a lot to the annimation of the city, giving something that
moves freely around the city.

James P (a trainhead)