 Town / 727
Re: I just don't understand people on eBay...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 01:35:10 GMT

In lugnet.town, Brendan Coughlin writes:
Also in the city is 6379, Riding Stable, which I recently won on eBay for • $51.

I must say, your city sounds VERY nice.  However, I couldn't help but pick
this out.  I'm sorry you paid $50 for the Riding Stable.  If it wasn't for me,
you would have had it for $16.  As you see, I tried getting that set as well
for my city.  But there is another one on.  If we would have been writing each
other earlier, then I would have let you have it for a cheaper price.  No hard
feelings??? :-)

Brendan

No hard feelings at all. It is not your fault at all, all you did was place a
bid. It is a neat little set, though. However, I was sort of disapointed to
open the box and see the set come assembled! I assume people ship LEGO sets
unassembled. Lucky for me, the whole set was in pieces by the time it arrived
to my door, but I feel sorry for the people who won some of the more expensive
sets that person sold on eBay, such as a 6542 Seaport (which is all just
vehicles, which would not easily disassemble in transport) (Actually though, I
bought the set with my newphew for our city, so I actually got the set for $27
when you include shipping). To me, the fun of LEGO is building and discovering
those neat little surprises along the way. The set was a little dirty, though
a little water and it was fine. However, please do not think I am giving the
seller negative feedback. The transaction went through without a flaw and the
set arrived within four days (I paid by CC).