 Town / 66
Re: Current Town Projects
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 03:34:26 GMT

Simon Robinson <simon@simonrobinson.com> wrote in message
news:FIr0E5.B69@lugnet.com...
1. Something similar to Sanjay's one - trying to see how close to a
sensible looking town I can create relying mostly on actual sets rather
than my own buildings

I'm looking to post pics in the third week of October....

2. A town centre with bus station attached to an indoor pedestrian
shopping precinct.

I've managed to create something similar.  I'm creating a "City Central" (a
glorified town centre) with it's own transport terminal.  The Bus Station is
right next to the "City Central" Monorail station and both lead into the
mall area where most of the shops are. (1)

I  got the idea from Carl Kuhne's LEGO Town page, another of my favourite
Town pages which can be found at:
http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Pier/6388/main.html

Well I like town. In fact I'll have to confess I even rather like some of
the
town Jr sets. I think it makes a nice change to have sets that aren't
stuffed out
with 1x1 and 1x2 plates and 1x1 round plates and 1x1 plates with side
attachments - which I just can't use in anything like the numbers that • they
crop up in traditional sets.

To be honest I quite like a couple of the Town Jr buildings.  The yellow
bike centre and white and blue cargo centre are two I'm using in the new
city.

Sanjay