 Town / 11
Re: Current Town Projects
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 22:40:01 GMT

In lugnet.town, Sanjay D'Souza writes:

Erin Windross <dwindross@pacificcoast.net> wrote in message
news:FIBty4.32J@lugnet.com...

I wonder if you could build an elevated highway out of road plates...

I know of someone who is attempting that.  He sent me a photo of a partly
completed elevated highway but instead of using roadplates he was using 2x2
black tiles.  It looked awesome but not something I'd be able to manage as
my city isn't big enough.

The two problems he was having was finding enough black tiles and ensuring
the pillars that kept the elevated highway elevated were kept off the roads
below.

Unfortunately he doesn't have a webpage up but time permitting I could scan
the photo and stick it on my webpage if anybody's interested. I'd have to
get permission though.

For those who got their hands on the Tine Milk Truck #1029 you may have got
a wall poster as well.  This wall poster depicted a very long but narrow
town layout and had a few "mini" bridges that used existing roadplates.  A
similar technique could be used to build elevated highways using roadplates
instead of tiles.  Again if anyone's interested I'll try and find that wall
poster and stick a scan on my webpage.

hmm...interesting technique...could you post those pics up?

that alot of the town pages are now down or
haven't
been updated in a while (ie. David A Karr, Zachary Benz)and most of the • people
who were townies have now either switched over to Castle, Space or CAD....

No doubt Town Jr has something to do with it.

definately...

                      thanks, Erin