 Town / 13
Re: Current Town Projects
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 03:59:48 GMT

Sanjay wrote:
So what Town/City projects are people working on?  From memory I've >seen about 8-10 different town setups on the web but I'm sure there >must be more.

I'm building a temporary town in my living room at the moment. It fills
a large chunk of the living room, which is why it's temporary:
eventually I need to have the room back!

It's 4 1/2 by 7 1/2 road plates in size: not enormous but about 3 times
as big as my first town where I only had the road plates for one street
<g>. This one has a railroad (with freight and paaenger stations), bank,
town hall, offfice tower with external elevator (working), hardware
store, corner grocery, factory, post office, fire and poice stations (of
course), gas station/car wash, restaurant, hospital (spent the weekend
building that - has 2 OR's [one with operation in progress], ER,
admitting and waiting area and 4 wards upstairs, all with bathrooms, and
nursing station); still to be built are the donut shop, school, housing,
supermarket, and cafe - and then there are all the details...

I'm definitely a town and train nut, but I much prefer building my own
designs to using Lego's - although I often look at set instructions for
inspiration on details.

Kevin