 Town / 6042
Re: Alpha Team's newest sea vehicle...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:59:44 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jeffrey Benson writes:

What I like about it is the implied POWER in the wings ... they almost look
like arms ... in "attack position" (I'm reminded of the Klingon BOP's wing
manuverability here) it would certainly remind me of "Ahnald" coming in for
the kill!!!!

That was pretty much the image I was going with! I wanted a ship that reeked of
power and do circles around anything else underwater...mostly:)

"Ahnald"? Hm, might have to give the SeaHunter a nickname:)

I love the sleek lines!  It looks like its mission is mostly just to sneak
up behind an aggressor and launch a barrage, then duck away ... the name
implies that too.  In case a crewed ship came under assault by a foe, the
flea would (and please forgive the next word...) "bug" the enemy so that the
"good guys" could either regain the upper hand or sneak away to effect
repairs or recovery.

Yep, you pretty much nailed the SeaFlea's purpose. I wanted something hat could
dropped off or qickly deployed for defense that was everything a manned vehicle
couldn't be: faster, more manueverable, and ultimately, more expendable. These
could be put in places to loiter and attack or report incoming hostiles. And a
group of these could be a an automated patrol for an unmanned installation.

Thanks!

Joe Meno