 Town / 6038
Re: Alpha Team's newest sea vehicle...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 04:47:37 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Joe Meno writes:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/SeaHunter/p4100013.jpg

the SeaHunter, is now undergoing trial runs at Alpha Team's Sea Range.

This vehicle was developed in response initially to Ogel's Manta attack
vehicle. There are a variety of hard points throughout the Sea Hunter,
allowing it carry whatever weapons are needed. The wings of the SeaHunter
also can swing down to attack position to minimize its profile.

What I like about it is the implied POWER in the wings ... they almost look
like arms ... in "attack position" (I'm reminded of the Klingon BOP's wing
manuverability here) it would certainly remind me of "Ahnald" coming in for
the kill!!!!

Also going through trials is the SeaFlea remote attack vehicle. Basically a
small drone capable of carrying its own weapon suite, the SeaFlea is meant
to be used as a quick-deploy craft that can assist Alpha team forces or
patrol  independently areas that are considered risky for manned vehicles.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jmenomeno/SeaHunter/p4100010.jpg

I love the sleek lines!  It looks like its mission is mostly just to sneak
up behind an aggressor and launch a barrage, then duck away ... the name
implies that too.  In case a crewed ship came under assault by a foe, the
flea would (and please forgive the next word...) "bug" the enemy so that the
"good guys" could either regain the upper hand or sneak away to effect
repairs or recovery.