 Town / 6019
Re: Alpha Team's newest sea vehicle...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 03:22:27 GMT

In lugnet.town, Gil Shaw writes:
Very cool Joe...the underwater Alpha stuff is always so intriguing.  The
variable wing config sets it apart.  I quite like the drone as well - it has
more a a predatory look, perfect for waxing those Ogel zombies.

Thanks, Gil - and it was good to meet you online!

The variable wing was originally going to be a axle setup so the engines
could rotate, but I quickly learned that the ship would require gearing to
keep the engines in place. Also, the ship would be able to go in a direction
different from the cockpit, which I didn't think was too practical in a
fighter craft.

The drone was something I have been thinking  about since I read a Popular
Science article about next-generation subs..they are designing subs with
breakaway modules that are remotely controlled and armed. I haven't figured
a mainsub for the drones, but that will eventually show itself:)

Thanks again!

Joe Meno