 Town / 6041
Re: FJ Holden
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:11:23 GMT

In lugnet.town, Allister McLaren writes:
Hi again.

Cars cars cars - one day I must build a building.

Inspired by Robert McLean's minifig HZ ute (whose mirror design I've also
used here), and Braith's call to 'keep the Australiana coming', I built a
minifig scale FJ Holden.

This one became even more of a half stud offset nightmare than the bug, but
I just had to get that middle section 5 studs wide. I'm not quite happy with
the rear roof section, but I think the bonnet turned out particularly well.

For the non-Australians out there, there's a concise histor of the vehicle here:
http://abcasiapacific.com/nexus/stories/s668011.htm

Now the pics:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/almac/FJ-Holden/fj-holden1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/almac/FJ-Holden/fj-holden2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/almac/FJ-Holden/fj-real.jpg

I have built this in real Lego but I'm still not yet blessed with a decent
camera, so CAD it is.

Cheers
Allister

Allister,

This is excellent!  You captured the form of the FJ very well!  I like the
chrome fenders and grilles along with the SNOT hoodwork.  Great addition to
your auto-garage speciality shop!  Keep it up!
I would have posted last night but the modem at home made those seeing those
pics a problem.

ciao&salaam
-Andrew

GardenSLUG