 Town / 5859
Re: New MOCs -- A whole city, inspired by Greenwich Village
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:23:42 GMT

Just to follow myself up, I've finally gotten the time to look through
everything and I'm even more impressed.  Some things that jumped out at me
include these pictures:

I just really like fig's-eye-view pictures.

The busy-ness of these pictures really conveys a bustling city life:
BTW, a really nice detail on that intersection is the trans clear and trans
red for walk/don't walk signs.  Also the traffic light design.

I really like the window air conditioner and awning designs here:
simple, yet very cool.

The air conditioner on the brownstone works great, too:

This alley scene is great:
I love the dumpster and also the rat is a great addition.

Does this building swing open?  I can see hinges on the sides:

My only negative comment is on the glass skyscraper:
Since it is all trans, it is very apparent that the inside is completely
undetailed, which is striking in contrast with the high level of detail
everywhere else.  Pretty minor nit to pick, though, in light of this great
MOC city.  I look forward to new additions.

Bruce