 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 924
923  |  925
Subject:
New MOCs -- A whole city, inspired by Greenwich Village
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:04:41 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi, everybody!

I'd like to announce my latest addition to my LEGO Manhattan... I've built a
whole new city modeled after Greenwich Village.  There are about 15
different buildings in the city, each of which has its own page, and over 75
pictures in all.

Greenwich Village:
http://www.mocpages.com/folder.php/5

For those of you in a hurry, there are a few full-city pictures here:
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/147 and some close-ups here:
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/135

My model isn't a "copy" of any particular place, or of any specific
buildings; I just wanted to imitate the feel of the atmosphere, the clutter,
and the bustle of this part of Manhattan.

For those of you that don't know New York, large parts of "The Village" are
designated as Historic Districts.... most of the buildings are from the late
1800s and early 1900s, are small, and have a lot of character.   There are
no skyscrapers.  This part of the city is always bustling because it has
hundreds of places to eat, an active night life, and many charming narrow
streets serviced by wide, busy avenues.

My model took about 6 months to build, from July to December 2002.   A lot
of the pictures are kind of fuzzy because I don't have a tripod (sorry!) :(
so until I re-shoot, this is all i have.

Sean
- - -
The Brick Apple: New York City in LEGO
http://www.brickapple.com